First Time - Here We Go.

Thanks Dick for lending me the SE's; just off up now to give the 1912 a whirl.

I'll try my usual cold water routine along with Proraso sensitive soap. I'll let you know how it goes.

Since starting DE shaving I've never cut myself shaving and 'm pleased to say that my first SE foray continues the trend. I was a bit worried looking at a blade that wouldn't look out of place in a small wood-plane. Still, cold water prep and we're off: the NOISE, what a great sound!

The 1912 was surprisingly intuitive to hold and find the angle, leading to a shave with very little tugging. A slight adjustment in angle for some awkward spots and they were dealt with far easier than with a DE. Overall the shave was really smooth but I would have had to have work alot harder to get a BBS, in that respect it reminds me of a Tech (on my face, YMMV). I'm looking forward to trying something a little more aggressive as I do have very solid bristles.

Post shave I have a little irritation on my neck but that's down to trying a pass too many, see earlier comment re: tech. I'm really very pleasantly surprised not only at how good the shave was but also how good the blade is, I did hand strop it first just in case it was rough. I find it incredible that the one blade will go in just about everything whereas on my DE's the blade and razor combinations are all different if I want to get a decent shave.

I'll let you know about the next one soon.

Just used the Ever-Ready 1924 - what a superb shave with zero irritation. Not BBS but as cose as I'd want to go at this stage.

The 1924 is my favourite and go to razor. I prefer the version with the collar and the slightly longer handle.

Great shave every time, once I got the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom