First shave with Feather AC SS

Well thanks to TSR and The Geordie Shaver I have just had my first shave with this tool. I have to say that as I'm away from home I'm not using all my usual stuff, so I ended up with my usual Prosaro pre shave and a new stick of Erasmic, that I picked up locally. I used my EJ badger that I've had since starting DE shaving a year ago and was very surprised just how much I didn't like it compared to my Semogue 1305. Anyway got layered up and started and discovered that you need to be a bit of a circus gymnast to get to all the nooks & crannies. It will take some time to get any sort of technique I think, but overall I was very impressed. I have to confess that I did manage to cut myself once and had a very small weeper but considering I did two WTG passes for a first attempt I was pleased. The overall quality of it taking everything into account was much better than I had expected as I thought I'd need to finish off with my Futur, but I didn't feel the need.
Overall I'm looking forward to mastering this and getting even better shaves.

The gymnast thing is only temporary, in no time you will find the best way for you to use it to your advantage. The SS is pretty forgiving but like with many new shaving tools can lead to a few weepers during the learning period.

Important is to stick to it for a few weeks, the less you use another razor the faster you will find the optimal technique for your face. You will become a expert gymnast ;-)

As you said my intention is to only use this from now until I've mastered it, but I shall only use the pro guards until I feel as confident as when DE shaving. I've read a fair few horror stories on here about people using something other than the pro guards early on and regretting it! Unlike Vinny I don't think I'll be doing my head with it any time soon!

Getting carved up is all part of the learning proses, but once you get the hang of it and you will, they make a fantastic razor enjoy :icon_razz:

John said:
Getting carved up is all part of the learning proses, but once you get the hang of it and you will, they make a fantastic razor enjoy :icon_razz:

I know you're right John, same process when I first started DE shaving, the cuts are there to remind you to pay more attention!

The Geordie Shaver said:
I think it is the blade's I like , the Feather blade's in my Cobra Classic give me the most wonderful shave , close smooth and irritation free .
Pleased you like the razor though , good luck ,
Derrick

Thanks Derrick, I just know that I'll get better and thanks for the opportunity to be able to own and eventually master this!

Wanderlust167 said:
As you said my intention is to only use this from now until I've mastered it, but I shall only use the pro guards until I feel as confident as when DE shaving. I've read a fair few horror stories on here about people using something other than the pro guards early on and regretting it! Unlike Vinny I don't think I'll be doing my head with it any time soon!

I never had any problems with cuts when using the Feather razors (maybe because I was a straight razor shaver before I started using one?). Strangely enough my first shaves where with Pro guard blades and it wasn't until I started using other blades that the real potential of the Feather system became apparent to me. I just can not get a great shave out of any of the guarded blades (feather or kai).

I was very surprised that shaving the head with a Feather was actually easier then the face as I didn't need to stretch the skin. Keep us posted on your progress!

Wanderlust167 said:

Stick with the ProGuard . I've tried the others and for a clean, comfortable, fun shave you can't beat them.

I never had any problems with cuts when using the Feather razors (maybe because I was a straight razor shaver before I started using one?). Strangely enough my first shaves where with Pro guard blades and it wasn't until I started using other blades that the real potential of the Feather system became apparent to me. I just can not get a great shave out of any of the guarded blades (feather or kai).

I was very surprised that shaving the head with a Feather was actually easier then the face as I didn't need to stretch the skin. Keep us posted on your progress!
[/quote]

I think I'll still wait a little bit until I feel more confident before I do my head, although it makes perfect sense about the skin stretching.

Interesting what you say about the guarded blades, I'll let you know on e I've used something else, but it won't be for a while yet. Which ones do you prefer then Ron?

Stick with the ProGuard . I've tried the others and for a clean, comfortable, fun shave you can't beat them.
[/quote]

I shall. Tried using the Feathers too early when I first started DE shaving and that was a mistake for sure!

If you're good with the Guarded blades keep using them, it's just that for me they don't work. I use Pro's, Super Pro's, Kai Milds and Dorco's.

Snuff said:
If you're good with the Guarded blades keep using them, it's just that for me they don't work. I use Pro's, Super Pro's, Kai Milds and Dorco's.

Obviously until I've got my technique sorted I can't possibly comment, but I feel I will make sure I'm very comfortable with its use before I try any of the other blades. As they say YMMV!

Back
Top Bottom