First Shave with a Cream

Well, after trawling through a drawer of shaving goodies i came across a couple of sample pots of Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream, which i was gifted by The Gentlemans Shop when i first started buying gear. As i picked up some Speick from John aka jhclare i thought i could do with a practice as i have never used a cream before

Well i thought, there's nowt on telly as Mrs M was glued into a program that exemplifies the travesty of modern British society, i think it's called 'Britain has got talent' - the irony of mediocre people being judged by those at the pinnacle of mediocracy is delicious - but i digress in a Ronnie Corbett style.

After a quick scoot on the variations of lathering i decided to have a crack with an Old Spice mug. the first mistake i made was thinking, actually there's not much in this sampler - hope there's enough. Scrapped it all into a warm mug and went to work with a flicked out 404 and didn't seem to be getting far, but a little more water and whoosh - there it was! Second mistake though was the constant dink dink of the brush handle against the tight confines of the mug - note to self, if doing this again, get a wider bowl / mug.

in the end i did three passes with still some left and a wonderful lavender scent indeed. oh goody, yet another scent i seem to like - bugger!! :)

Castle Forbes is probably one of the best creams I have ever bought and probably the only expensive one I followed up from the small samples. If you look at the blog posts on The Grntleman's Shop Robert rates it highly and I have to agree with him. Very luxurious and superb cream, I got the Lavender Balm at the same time and they are e lover summer combination.

You picked a great cream - Castle Forbes Lavender is right at the top of my lists. I prefer to lather is a reasonable size bowl take a look at the pottery bowl here - inner dimensions 13cm across,depth 6cm allows room for action. Must be something of similar shape/size around the house or a charity shop.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2703</a><!-- l -->

Back
Top Bottom