First Impression new Release Floid Aftershave

1628107740805.png

I thought would post a quick first impressions of the above recently released (If you don't count when it was released in 1932) Floid as there is a bit of interest.

Just as a quick bit of context my points of reference are Floid Sauve and Floid Mentally Vigorous both of which I hold in very high regard.

The scent to me is defiantly less Musky that both Sauve and Mentally Vigorous with a more alcohol opening that soon disappears leaving a nice blend of subtle musk and a herby smell to my nose. I know some find the musk over powering with the other Floid offerings so if thats you , this is definitely less musky.

The Menthol for me is on Par with the Sauve , not in your face just a nice face feel , excellent to my tastes.

Post Face Feel , now one of the places Floid shines for me is in the post shave, this one is another notch up for me , I deliberately didn't use a balm and the feeling after the shave is wonderful, even better than Sauve that I highly rate in this department.

In summary it is a hit for me , personally I love the musk in the others , so it won't completely replace them , but is a welcome addition.

20230222_153223.jpg
Being new to this forum like some of the brands that I have now become aware of since being on here, such as Floid for instance.
I had to go to my nearest 'bigger' town Huescar and I've been told about a shop that reminds me of Superdrug, so thought I'd have a nosey before my dental appointment.Nothing in the much of DE razors or blades for that matter, but did spy this for the princely sum of €4.99.

Not really an aftershave user although I do use Snake Bite by Fine Accoutrements, got the cap off and it wasn't bad, got some on my fingers and it seems to have lasted quite well.
What ever smellies people use is subjective and personal tastes and I think I can wear it for the price i paid!.

I know I like the Floid I have. I don't know if it's the original as its probably changed over the decades.

Did they have any other variations?

Found these two at £9,95 a pop.

There was once a balm in a squeezable orange container. It smelt amazing! Not exactly like any of the orange coloured lotion variants - something more complex going on.
I'd forgotten all about it till now.
Pick some up if you ever find it. I paid about £10 10 years ago maybe.

Yeah sadly. Bait and switch, where they trade on past glory and by the time you find out they messed it up its too late. (Don't get me started on continental lager!)
Of course sometimes it is because an ingredient gets banned, like oakmoss.

Yeah sadly. Bait and switch, where they trade on past glory and by the time you find out they messed it up its too late. (Don't get me started on continental lager!)
Of course sometimes it is because an ingredient gets banned, like oakmoss.
Something similar happened to Absinthe, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom