Finished.!!

Been a bit on hiatus from forum attendance … but still shaving. Been on the roll using signature soaps for past few weeks, with occasional SV 70th anniversary thrown in. But here is a kill of Britannia! Great scent on this one… still got Danum too - but once they is gone, I think the cedarwood and peppermint will replace them both. IMG_5587.jpeg

Finished my Barrister & Mann Reserve Fern Shaving Soap.
I've used this one 43 times over the last 7 years.
It's been a constantly great performer, luxurious lather and a great subtle fern scent. I have always like B&M's soaps and this is no exception.
Would I buy it again? It's a tad expensive to buy in the UK but if I were in the US and came across a B&M then I would definitely pick another up.

Finished B&M Fern.jpg

I've used this one 43 times over the last 7 years.
It's been a constantly great performer, luxurious lather and a great subtle fern scent. I have always like B&M's soaps and this is no exception.
Would I buy it again? It's a tad expensive to buy in the UK but if I were in the US and came across a B&M then I would definitely pick another up.

For 43 uses, it doe work out quite expensive per shave. I'd be quite disappointed with that. I think I got 2 months use out of my B&M which wasn't great IMO

Finished my Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Soap.
I got this soap in 2015 and have had 68 shaves with it. I bought just the refill puck which explains the Tupperware container.

I've found that this is one those soaps that if you don't use enough of it then the lather is created thin and disappears. So much so that I actually emailed SV to complain. I never got a response so wasn't impressed.
Nevertheless, if you use enough of it you get a perfectly good lather. Scent is subtle and classy. I still find the lather a little on the dry side though.
I know there are a lot of fans of this soap but I have to say I have a few reservations. It's a good soap when you know how to use it but it's not a standout soap for me.

Would I buy it again (or other SV soap)? Well, probably not. I'm trying to reduce my soap collection and now feel like cheap soaps like Palmolive, Proraso etc are just as good. I would have bought more OSP soaps but think he stopped selling them.

So, goodbye SV. It has been with me for quite a few years.

Finished Saponificio 70th.jpg

Would I buy it again (or other SV soap)? Well, probably not. I'm trying to reduce my soap collection and now feel like cheap soaps like Palmolive, Proraso etc are just as good. I would have bought more OSP soaps but think he stopped selling them.
I still have an old Palmolive shave stick. I just use it when travelling these days. It's doesn't smell too bad either. Shame you can't get it anymore. I never got on with the creme, which you can still get.

Finished my TOBS Lemon & Lime Shaving cream after at least 38 uses, bought prior to 2015.

A long time ago this cream had morphed into a croap but still preformed the same.

The scent is actually quite delicate and fresh. Cif lemon cleaner has put off a lot of people but I think that is more to do with Cif having a good fragrance rather than TOBS not smelling good.

As with all TOBS that I've used, the performance seems to be the same regardless of scent. I can't fault it to be honest.

Would I buy t again? Probably not, if I were to buy another TOBS (if I have the room) I would try another scent out of curiosity.

Finished TOBS Lemon Lime Cream.jpg

How many shaves/days did it last? As I understand, it was your only soap?...
I'm not exactly sure but I've used Tabac soap at least 154 times over the years and I think I've finished 3 pucks of it. So each puck must last me approx 50 shaves.
I currently have 54 different soaps and I have used 97, so no it's not my only soap

Back
Top Bottom