Finished.!!

I love the older AdP Colonia soap. I finished this jar, but fortunately I have backups. Just a quick lid swap and I am back in business.
4ZLZ1Y7.jpg

When I was in the shaving hobby I never finished anything. The fun, pleasure and satisfaction of the hobby was new gear of all variety and kinds. Every day the postman brought me something new to try out and experiment with " see for myself whether this works" or plain enjoy. I have always thought of myself as simple in needs and very practical. I love Stoic and Cynic philosophy. But the indulgences and pleasure of the shaving hobby was a real contradiction, one that I questioned and wondered about a lot back then. lol

Utilitarianism and practicality is not at the heart of the shaving hobby though its why most of us start. The happiness, excitement, distraction and giddy sensory pleasure of it takes over and drives though many of us try to deny it out of shame that it's not us really. LOL

When I was in the shaving hobby I never finished anything. The fun, pleasure and satisfaction of the hobby was new gear of all variety and kinds. Every day the postman brought me something new to try out and experiment with " see for myself whether this works" or plain enjoy. I have always thought of myself as simple in needs and very practical. I love Stoic and Cynic philosophy. But the indulgences and pleasure of the shaving hobby was a real contradiction, one that I questioned and wondered about a lot back then. lol

Utilitarianism and practicality is not at the heart of the shaving hobby though its why most of us start. The happiness, excitement, distraction and giddy sensory pleasure of it takes over and drives though many of us try to deny it out of shame that it's not us really. LOL

A very interesting post for sure, thanks for sharing it.

Finished my Myrsol Plastic After Shave.

I bought this sometime before 2015 and have had over 171 uses out of it.

It's the strangest scent I think I've tried. It reminds me of the women's hairdresser shops when I was a kid; kind of generic chemical smell, like opening a freshly printed magazine.
I quite like the scent actually, smells medically reassuring.

I really enjoy Myrsol ASs, leaves your skin feeling fresh and not overly dry. As well as this flavour, I've tried "F./Extra" which has a much stronger feel to it.
The bottle is well designed, glass, easy to grip, substantial top and perfectly sized restrictor.

Would I buy it again? Yes & No. I will buy Myrsol again but will try another scent as life is too short to not do.

According the the Spanish description on the back label it is "Very appropriate to neutralise the action of mosquito bites and other dipterans" - bonus!

Finished Myrsol Plastic AS.jpg

Last edited:
Well yes, I'm fairly ascetic, or was before the pandemic. Shaving though is an odd one. On one hand, you have to do it anyway so may as well make it fun (or become a ZZ Top tribute). Its a revelation when the daily routine goes from chore to fun and self-indulgence is hot on its heels. I never used to buy random treats and fripperies (coffee beans notwithstanding) but have found myself being a bit more inclined to buy stuff for the den just for fun or curiosity, whereas in my cartridge days it was when stuff ran out.

5256DDA3-13DA-48F7-8219-F2E3AC773C1F.jpeg
couple soaps finished within last couple weeks. Razorock mudder focker - great scent but base is just an okay imo. Enjoyed it but won’t be buying again. I think next purchase from their company will be Dead Sea soap in their ‘upgraded’ base I believe … need to try it.

Also finished off DG original in milksteak base, performance as expected, however scent is a bit more on basic side

Soon I’ll probably run out of one of my l’occitane balms too… so I’ll be back hah

Back
Top Bottom