Fine Clubhouse AS

OK, came yesterday and I did two rub/smell tests on my arm yesterday and today a full wearing.

It is very Pinaud Clubmannish at first whiff, but there is more going on which is Canoe, for those of you old enough to remember this old classic. I remember as a kid getting Canoe sets for Xmas along with Polo, Brut & Pierre Cardin so this brings back some memories. This scent lies betwixt the two and is IMO more well "rounded" and not nearly as potent as P. Clubman. There is a hint of menthol I believe.

My verdict is that men past say 55 will enjoy this, but young shavetails will not like the ol' geezer vibe. I like this one better on the face than merely just whiffing. YMMV.

P.S. Todd (head honcho at Fine) said in an e-mail that their homage to Floid Blu will be out in Nov. possibly. Since Furbo Vintage went "extinct" I am looking forward to this one!!

Hi @Bogeyman. Just a thought when reading your comments about the Fine hommage to Floid Blue.
Razorock make a soap and splash based on the Floid Blue called Blue Barbershop that might be worth checking out if you haven't already.
I've never put my nose on the Floid Blue or RR Blue Barbershop but it was something I considered picking up recently.

I did recently aquire a bottle of Epsilon Blue Mediterranean aftershave and I wondered if this was a rebranded Floid Blue. The bottle labelling is very similar to Floid and the colour of the aftershave seems almost identical to any pictures of the Floid Blue that I've seen. Bit of a random comparison I know but I'd be interested to know if anyone can confirm they are the same scent.
I believe Epsilon also make a Blue Med shave soap as well.

Hi @Bogeyman. Just a thought when reading your comments about the Fine hommage to Floid Blue.
Razorock make a soap and splash based on the Floid Blue called Blue Barbershop that might be worth checking out if you haven't already.
I've never put my nose on the Floid Blue or RR Blue Barbershop but it was something I considered picking up recently.

I did recently aquire a bottle of Epsilon Blue Mediterranean aftershave and I wondered if this was a rebranded Floid Blue. The bottle labelling is very similar to Floid and the colour of the aftershave seems almost identical to any pictures of the Floid Blue that I've seen. Bit of a random comparison I know but I'd be interested to know if anyone can confirm they are the same scent.
I believe Epsilon also make a Blue Med shave soap as well.

Yes, I knew that having used a sample of Epsilon Blue which is very similar to Floid Blu, but lacks the potency of Furbo Vintage. RR Blue goes the Aqua Velva route if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom