Finally got to grips with the Streamline

Ever Ready Streamline
Neep Silvertip Brush
DR Harris Marlborough Soap
The Amazing Chocolate Fondue/Shaving Bowl
TOBS Luxury Aftershave Gel
Trumper's Fragrance Free Moisturiser

I was thinking about putting my Streamline back on evilbay, such was my initial disappointment. No matter what I did, I always got patchy shaves with a lot of irritation. I was beginning to wonder why it got so many rave reviews.

However, the weeks of perseverance have finally paid off, and I've been getting really good shaves from this little beastie. No other razor I've used has had such a steep learning curve (although I've never used a straight).

Now, I would go so far as to say it gives the closest shave of all my razors, although not the smoothest or most comfortable. I say “closest” because a 3-pass shave done at night leaves me looking and feeling clean-shaven for the entire following day. This is no mean feat as I usually need a “top-up” if I want to be clean-shaven for an evening engagement the next day.

The third pass (ATG) did leave my skin feeling very tender, so I used some of the excellent Trumper's moisturiser after the TOBS gel dried.

To sum up, the Streamline is not an every-day razor (not for me, anyway). However, it looks great, feels great in the hand and gives an exceptionally close shave. All in all; a nice piece of kit to have in reserve for special occasions.

Back
Top Bottom