Fido's pre shave oil

I'm still waiting for my T&H to arrive. I wanted to compare it with a basic home made pre shave of 70:30 castor/olive oil plus Lavender. Impatient for the 100 ml castor oil ordered on Ebay to arrive (£1.49 plus post) I popped in to my Waitrose Pharmacy this morning. Lo and behold, it has been sold to Boots and had a closing down sale. I relieved them of their stock of nine 100 ml bottles of castor oil for £1.44 - 16p a bottle.

Dr. Fido's first brew was put into action this morning with pleasing results. I probably have enough to last me for several years (what's new?) Or I may go into production for wider distribution.

Attachments

• DSC_1403.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 301
So what do you do with that mix of 70:30? Rub it on dry face, then wet face, than shave? Doesn't it work against the lather?
I am filled with envy for your fantastic bargain....I paid a lot more per 100ml for mine, even buyin 5 litres of the stuff.

I did my usual pre shave routine - plenty of hot water on my face. Just massaged in some of the oil - probably too much. Then lathered as usual. The lather/oil mix obviously affected the lather but not much and I continued with my usual routine. A couple of hours later I can still feel what seems like a slight film of oil not removed by all that followed. That may be because I used too much oil. Skin incredibly soft.
I'm not going to rush to judgement on this. I will continue to use my concoction, then lay off for a couple of days and note the difference, if any. I will try my T&H and compare. In due course I will come to my conclusions. No doubt many here have already gone through this. But we are all different and are affected by these things in our own unique way.

Thanks Henk, I will check out your suggestion. Looks difficult to get here, and pricey.

Ooo lovely I love lavender.
I always use and oil or cream under my lather and I seem to get pretty much the same lather with or without.
The big difference is ai get a much better shave with.
Nice one Fido,
Timslick.

There's been a lot of comment on this forum as to whether oils adversely affect lather but I always find that as long as the oil is sparingly applied it isn't an issue... on the back of T+H's bottle it actually says "Like flattery, a little goes a long way". I use a couple of drops at a time and still have half a bottle left since buying it in January.

Being (I think) one of the very few fans of pre shave oil I'll be very interested to see your comparison Mr Fido.

I don't use pre shave oil now. I did find it more effective if I lathered in a bowl, rather than on my face. Lathering on my face didn't do much for the lather mixed with pre shave oil.

Back
Top Bottom