Feet Getting Bigger

Well I thought I was going daft as my toes seemed to be creeping up my shoe.

Was it just me I thought, had my shoes shrunk ?

No little did I know as you age your feet flatten out and "grow". Add the grey and thinning hair and the poor short term memory it means yes I'm getting old !!! I daren't measure my height perhaps I've shrunk too ??

Seriously I find I'm having to replace shoes now, has anyone else experienced this ?

Yep, everything has gone pancake like over the last year,seem to have moved up a whole size from office shoes to winter mountaineering boots.
The replacement policy is costing me almost as much as RAD

Your nose keeps on growing too.

This does remind me of the joke about the 3 old men in a nursing home......[attachment=7846]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373501311.562041.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373501311.562041.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 36
Yep that's one of the signs of getting older, I always wore a size 8, but I do on occasion take a 9, I've also lost about 1 inch in height and I'm only 54, you may find your inside leg measurement needs adjusting on your trousers, I've noticed a few pairs of trousers that always fitted are now a little to long, but keep smiling Women's boobs are also heading south, so a big smile when your wife calls you old saggy balls.:icon_biggrin:

Regards
old saggy balls

Shambling, that comes next. Feet get bigger and flatter so you start to shamble. Imperceptible at first (unless you are walking with Young) but in no time at all (and doesn't time fly?) you are shambling along. You may well be rolling and waddling as you walk, too. The only way to deal with this comes with experience of life and the sure and cetain knowledge that it's all a joke, anyway.

I suppose electric chair/scooter gixmos come next and all the fun of crashing into supermarket displays and customers.

Complete disdain for anyone or anything that falls outside your definition of correct behavior and conformity.

Today I was on my way to work, a perfectly fine Suzuki Alto was in front doing 40 in a 60 and I was bumping my gums about puddle jumpers and old people, the Alto pulled into the Marina and an Bentley shot out in the gap (there was a large queue behind the Alto) and Bentley kept the pedal floored till he was well in three figures. He was an reckless idiot.

There is no winning formula this is how old age is most noticeable for me. for me. My feet are the same size but I am only 41, does it happen at 43 or something? don't want to buy too many new shoes this year if it is going to happen soon....

You should be thinking you are lucky... Mine are shrinking... Gone from an 8.5....now 5.5...bloody medical problems eh.. But at 58 surely can't get much smaller be buying kids shoes soon

n1vlo said:
You should be thinking you are lucky... Mine are shrinking... Gone from an 8.5....now 5.5...bloody medical problems eh.. But at 58 surely can't get much smaller be buying kids shoes soon

Great you won't be paying VAT on them ! My son is 12 and now in a size 6 so we now have to pay VAT on his.

Audiolab said:
Complete disdain for anyone or anything that falls outside your definition of correct behavior and conformity.

Today I was on my way to work, a perfectly fine Suzuki Alto was in front doing 40 in a 60 and I was bumping my gums about puddle jumpers and old people, the Alto pulled into the Marina and an Bentley shot out in the gap (there was a large queue behind the Alto) and Bentley kept the pedal floored till he was well in three figures. He was an reckless idiot.

There is no winning formula this is how old age is most noticeable for me. for me. My feet are the same size but I am only 41, does it happen at 43 or something? don't want to buy too many new shoes this year if it is going to happen soon....

Well I'm 48, 49 on 24th and its only happened this year for me.

Back
Top Bottom