February 2021 Acquisitions

I like the brushed look. They're great razors, enjoy using it.
Indeed, the (presumably worn) plating has been removed. It looks to be a pretty good job. The trick is to remove the plating without removing much of the brass, keeping the geometry much the same.

Raw brass is a joy to shave with! The finish can be brought up to a much smoother result with very fine abrasives, but check the top of the top cap - it needs to be roughed back up and when I do it, I run the cap back and forth over ferric oxide. If you don't rough it up, when shaving it sort of sticks to the face.

He's a lucky fellow - it does look really good!

Indeed, the (presumably worn) plating has been removed. It looks to be a pretty good job. The trick is to remove the plating without removing much of the brass, keeping the geometry much the same.

Raw brass is a joy to shave with! The finish can be brought up to a much smoother result with very fine abrasives, but check the top of the top cap - it needs to be roughed back up and when I do it, I run the cap back and forth over ferric oxide. If you don't rough it up, when shaving it sort of sticks to the face.

If you ever get bored sometime and want to professionally finish it for me that would be great lol.
I would be more than happy to pay the charge.

I used my raw brass New OC today you sent me, it is a beauty for sure.

I'm find it in the shave to be significantly more efficient than my other old Gillette's, and a bit like my Old Type it is a bit more sensitive to blade choice and angle.

I should give some time where I use it and nothing else.

This one arrived this morning was meant to be included with my recent oneblade purchase but was missing on opening emailed them about it so they honoured the offer and sent one on to me looking forward to trying it I don’t have a lavender scented soap but do like a floralView attachment 65244
Lavender lather, nothing better to relax you just before a straight razor shave! :)

Paul.

View attachment 65255
Still waiting on one more delivery today with aftershaves. I think it's also time for me to start noting down which blades I've already tried, got so many of them to go through !
I've started a "PIF pile" for any blades I don't get on with as I plough my way through my mound of initial purchases! I'll pas them on when there are enough tucks....

I've started a "PIF pile" for any blades I don't get on with as I plough my way through my mound of initial purchases! I'll pas them on when there are enough tucks....
that is a really good idea! Might do the same, or e.g. PIF sample pack for any newbie joiners Potentially with added information which blades tend to be smoother, sharper etc

My lovely Loupe arrived today from Belarus and that is a serious step up in quality to my old one, crystal clear magnification.

View attachment 65274
Yep, I've had a telescope for 12 years and only last year bought decent new eyepieces to replace the starter ones. As you say so much clearer, sharper and loads of eye relief.

Back
Top Bottom