Feather Stainless Razor

Do any of you Guys have and use the Feather Stainless Razor?...If so what are your opinions of it...I can feel RAD nibbling again and with Christmas coming up I thought I might just treat myself.............So.

How does it shave?

Is it worth the money?

Would you recommend it?

I owned one for a short while. It was beautifully made and presented, was nice to look at and felt nice in the hand.

As for the shaves, I found them to be very mild, even when loaded with a feather DE blade. Think Gillette Tech and you're in the right area. This is the reason that I sold it. I already had a Tech(s), and couldn't really justify (sometimes I feel I need to) having such an expensive razor that was special in the looks and construction department, but was nothing special shave-wise.

Ian

I have the Feather AS-D1 and a few Merkurs, plus a few straights and the Feather AC-SS and the Feather AS-D1 is IMO the finest shaver I have personally used, and you will find far more people who own that razor rate it very highly than you will find who dont, read as many reviews as you can find, I think that's where you will find the answer to your question, if you want something special and you have a few quid I say go for it.

Jamie.

Same as Ian.

Nice razor and all that but I wouldn't buy a razor to look at.

Was mediocre, at best - even with a Feather blade.

I get my best shaves from it, very close and smooth, even with blades I didn't rate in other razors.

It takes a while to get used to the feathers correct angle, it is definitely different to most de razors.

I'm glad I got mine, its definitely a keeper and my favourite razor.

The Americans have a lovely phrase - YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary

Meaning quite simply that you may think its the best shaver since the dawn of time, I may think its nothing more than an overpriced Tech. I have not owned a Feather, but have owned several iKons (standard and deluxe) and am drawn to 49ER's comments when he owned one of my iKons for a while - it was identical to the Feather.

I keep thinking about a Feather (because I no longer have an iKon and the ones that come up for sale now are silly money). But im getting incredible mileage out of a 1960's Slim Adjustable, so whilst I can pick these up for reasonable money I think i'll stick with the adjustable for now.

I guess what Im saying is - only you can decide if its the right razor for you.

The Feather #90 that's being sold as a 'travel razor' on eBay. Is its 'head' different from the one being discussed? If yes, how does it rate as a razor?

Having both a Feather AS-D1 and an iKon OC, I find them very different. The Feather gives a lot more feedback as to what the edge of the blade is doing. I can get good shaves from the iKon, but sometimes it disappoints - shaves from the Feather are consistently excellent. Expensive, but worth it, in my view.

Johnus said:
The Feather #90 that's being sold as a 'travel razor' on eBay. Is its 'head' different from the one being discussed? If yes, how does it rate as a razor?

If it's the Feather Portable, all metal razor in a little plastic case, then that is a completely different animal.

If you look in a dictionary, under "agressive razor" you'll see a picture of the Feather Portable.

MandoBear said:
shaves from the Feather are consistently excellent. Expensive, but worth it, in my view.

You really are not helping - Im trying to resist the urge to hit the plastic and buy one, I keep telling myself that the J2 adjustable that Im using daily is really really great!

Its a problem, having so many to try....Its a bit rich for my tastes, but hey, if it were to last you a lifetime it would be money well spent, so why not eh!

Back
Top Bottom