Feather Seikan

Carbon steel Feathers, I will be interested to hear what you think of them after a few shaves. P.

Carbon steel Feathers, I will be interested to hear what you think of them after a few shaves. P.
I'll pop you a few in the post when they arrive They certainly took my curiosity being Carbon steel feathers, also seem to be another type of blade available, also carbon exactly like the FSH-10 blade.

...some threads detail them as an industrial blade, designed for use in a microtrome machine (sectioning tissue samples)...

I'll pop you a few in the post when they arrive They certainly took my curiosity being Carbon steel feathers, also seem to be another type of blade available, also carbon exactly like the FSH-10 blade.

Step away from those blades. Awful.
The FHS-10 are OK-ish, but the carbon FAS-10 are the pits.

I shaved with one yesterday. Worked fine, plenty sharp and produced an extremely close shave. Actually I liked the Feather carbon DE blade better than their stainless blade. I also like the Treet Black Beauty blades which feel smoother than the carbon DE Feather blade, but the Treet blade does not produce as close a shave for me as the Feather carbon blade did. Considering the Treet Black Beauty costs around 8 cents per blade and the carbon steel Feather cost me around 80 cents per blade I think my first and only one pack of 10 Feather carbon steel DE blades was and will be just an experiment and novelty experience at that!

I guess that's why they say YMMV? I've used lots and lots of other brands of blades that I would consider much worse than Feather DE carbon blades. But, YMMV!? BTW today was shave # 2 on Feather Carbon DE blade #1. Extremely close shave and no blood? Go figure! Still IMHO better than their stainless steel DE blade! Yesterday in a Feather AS-D2 & today in a TTO Gillette Diplomat. Still--for me, only 2 shaves on one blade. Something new for me to try on the hobby side of shaving.