Feather SE

This has probably been asked before but here goes anyway - Connaughts sell Feather SE blades (no spine) with a caution that they are not suitable for all SE razors - can anyone advise whether they are OK for Ever-Ready and Mocromatics?

Bechet45 said:
Different beasts altogether. Feathers and Cobras. Micromatics and paint scrapers.

Hi Carl - as Helveticum pointed out it's not the Feather used in the Cobra - the ones advertised look like Gems but without the backbone. I assumed that with all the wealth of knowledge available on the site someone would know straight away. If not I'll ask at Connaughts.

UKRob said:
Bechet45 said:
Different beasts altogether. Feathers and Cobras. Micromatics and paint scrapers.

Hi Carl - as Helveticum pointed out it's not the Feather used in the Cobra - the ones advertised look like Gems but without the backbone. I assumed that with all the wealth of knowledge available on the site someone would know straight away. If not I'll ask at Connaughts.

I used them in my G-bar. They do not fit in an MM

UKRob said:
Wil said:
I used them in my G-bar. They do not fit in an MM

Wil - you're talking to a novice here - does MM mean Micromatic? If so that rules one of mine out but any idea about the Ever-Ready?

Yes, MM is MicroMatic (also know as MMOC: MicroMatic Open Comb). IIRC (check my posts on B&B on this subject), they work in most SE razors: I have used them in my 1912, Featherweight and G-bar. They do NOT fit in a Micromatic (all models). So the ER might do the trick if it is a 1912, 1914 or 1924.

Back
Top Bottom