Feather portable

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Just to keep the other thread on topic I am starting one here.
I am thinking this might be worth purchasing as a travel razor.I have an aluminium tech at the moment but this looks like it could be a worth replacement.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=111&p=2279&hilit=feather+portable#p2279">viewtopic.php?f=16&t=111&p=2279&hilit=feather+portable#p2279</a><!-- l -->
From what HM said the price was $19 shipped for 2 razors, it may come down if there are more people interested in buying.If there is I will put a post up in group buy and contact the guy.

Since the price of the razors is $6.50+shipping, I'm thinking you'll not see much decrease over the $1 per additional razor - and of course the higher the value of the shipment, the more likely that HMRC will take an interest... and Royal Mail take their £8 cut and all sorts of other fiscal unpleasantry.

End of depressing voice of doom post :lol:

Exactly my thoughts Boab, though from what I have read this little razor is nice enough to use every day. I ordered two just because I can but I won't see them till I get back from holiday (shipping to parent’s house).

I am a sucker for new old stock, I don't know when these ceased production but for anyone wanting one now would be a good time as there are plenty still about. For how long that remains is anybody’s guess, and when they do get scarcer we all know what will happen, they will start jacking up the price.

I was interested by g-train’s experience and that is what took me over the edge to place the order. I have a few three piece razors and this handle/head is a standard fit that will interchange with some other razors so you can experiment with different combinations.

Perhaps I am being a bit over enthusiastic but I am not seeing a down side to this yet, it is quite cheap, gives a decent shave and is potentially travel razor that I would not mind if it got lost or damaged.

Will report back on my findings when I get it.

Audiolab said:
Perhaps I am being a bit over enthusiastic but I am not seeing a down side to this yet, it is quite cheap, gives a decent shave and is potentially travel razor that I would not mind if it got lost or damaged.

At least until the metal it's made off transforms into unobtanium™ :D

I too have a FP here already - with another en route. It's very 'Techy' but with a nice little extra bite.

I'm loving my Feather portable with a Swede in it. Too bad they are also no longer being made...

I especially love it with the LUX handle (another old stock razor). Makes a great hefty combo: LUX has the nicer handle and Feather the better head. The Feather handle is pretty nice too, but a bit on the small side.

He is a member here now too.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=184">memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=184</a><!-- l -->

Back
Top Bottom