Feather Artist Club

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
I’m an Artist Club Virgin until today
what’s everyone’s thoughts with these blades & how many shaves should i expect to get ?
Todays shave was the Super Pro’s which i liked.
This is all i have but any other recommendations i will get.
I meant to get the Pro Guard but ended up making a mistake & got two packs of the Light ( Green )
B4C9779C-C03F-4B8B-97E6-5BD05BF478E4.jpeg

I’m an Artist Club Virgin until today
what’s everyone’s thoughts with these blades & how many shaves should i expect to get ?
Todays shave was the Super Pro’s which i liked.
This is all i have but any other recommendations i will get.
I meant to get the Pro Guard but ended up making a mistake & got two packs of the Light ( Green )
View attachment 90123
Mike, how are you keeping? :)
Expect to get 10 - 15 shaves from the pro and pro super, YMMV ,the pro guard blades are ok for beginners but you will notice the difference when you move to the pro's and pro supers!
I have never used the light's but I suspect you don't need them if you like pro supers!
I like them, the pro's can feel a little harsh for the first two shaves but after that they are good.
If you shop around you can buy them for under £8.00 a box.
Enjoy! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
Expect to get 10 - 15 shaves from the pro and pro super, YMMV ,the pro guard blades are ok for beginners but you will notice the difference when you move to the pro's and pro supers!
I have never used the light's but I suspect you don't need them if you like pro supers!
I like them, the pro's can feel a little harsh for the first two shaves but after that they are good.

Paul.
+1 to this. My top 3 AC blades are Feather Pro, Kai Pink (aka Titan Mild) and the Schick Proline.

Want me to send you some Pro Guards and Schick Prolines* to try as well Mike?

*Word of caution - sometimes the Prolines are a little longer when they're cut on the factory line. Not a problem in any standard AC razor but it can cause them to bow in the floating head type razors like Occam's and Hiram Commander. This makes for a rough-ass shave.

Mike, how are you keeping? :)

Paul.
Nice 1 Paul
Yes i’m good mate how’s you ?
I got home yesterday after an epic journey of 3 flights, trains & taxi so was a bit of a disaster but got here in the end.
10 - 15 shaves wow that’s class it pretty much justifies the cost.
By what your say there’s probably no need for me to get the pro guard although i would like to try them just for comparison but don’t i’d pay the £18 ish pounds i think they are.
£8 seems class.
although iv never seen them at that price,
Point me in the right direction please.
Hope your keeping well.
Mike

Nice 1 Paul
Yes i’m good mate how’s you ?
I got home yesterday after an epic journey of 3 flights, trains & taxi so was a bit of a disaster but got here in the end.
10 - 15 shaves wow that’s class it pretty much justifies the cost.
By what your say there’s probably no need for me to get the pro guard although i would like to try them just for comparison but don’t i’d pay the £18 ish pounds i think they are.
£8 seems class.
although iv never seen them at that price,
Point me in the right direction please.
Hope your keeping well.
Mike
PM on it's way to you Mike.

Paul.

+1 to this. My top 3 AC blades are Feather Pro, Kai Pink (aka Titan Mild) and the Schick Proline.

Want me to send you some Pro Guards and Schick Prolines* to try as well Mike?

*Word of caution - sometimes the Prolines are a little longer when they're cut on the factory line. Not a problem in any standard AC razor but it can cause them to bow in the floating head type razors like Occam's and Hiram Commander. This makes for a rough-ass shave.
Chris That’s very good of you mate so yes i’ll take you up on your offer if i can pay for postage.
Where do you get yours ?
and yes it’s for the Occam’s the only SE i will ever own
Hopefully :censored:

I found the pro supers were very sharp for the first shave or two then settled down a bit.

Schick proline seem to be a bit more consistent, without the same initial sharpness curve, and they became my blade of choice.

As a rule of thumb you'll probably get about four times as many shaves with an AC blade than you do with a DE.

Love my little Feather clone :)

I found the pro supers were very sharp for the first shave or two then settled down a bit.

Schick proline seem to be a bit more consistent, without the same initial sharpness curve, and they became my blade of choice.

As a rule of thumb you'll probably get about four times as many shaves with an AC blade than you do with a DE.

Love my little Feather clone :)
Thanks for the info.
i only use a DE 3 times so getting 9-12 out of these should do me just fine although i will experiment and take them to the limit ( Maybe lol )

Just for info. I have both an Occams and an Enoch and have never had an issue with Proline blades. I guess this could vary from razor to razor.
Forgive the rubbish photo but it's the best I could manage quickly this morning. Most Prolines are cut correctly and should have no problem whatsoever. There are some batches the have a 'wing' on them. Mine are of this batch and I believe they're quite common. You'll see between the area I've marked in red where the blade has some steel remaining at the joint which would be between blades during production. This shouldn't be there. It's not a problem in standard AC heads where the slightly increased width is accommodated by the head but the fixed and enclosed width of the Occam's and Commander causes the blade to bend/smile because of this extra width:

20220706_072644~2.jpg

Again, just to caveat, not all Prolines have this problem.

Forgive the rubbish photo but it's the best I could manage quickly this morning. Most Prolines are cut correctly and should have no problem whatsoever. There are some batches the have a 'wing' on them. Mine are of this batch and I believe they're quite common. You'll see between the area I've marked in red where the blade has some steel remaining at the joint which would be between blades during production. This shouldn't be there. It's not a problem in standard AC heads where the slightly increased width is accommodated by the head but the fixed and enclosed width of the Occam's and Commander causes the blade to bend/smile because of this extra width:

View attachment 90137

Excuse my ignorance but is that little piece not a good thing ?
Some people say you should bend the blade slightly to stop any blade chatter that might exist.
So if your says you need to bend the blade slightly it possibly could be a win win.
I did give mine a slight bend yesterday

View attachment 90137

I see what you mean. Just had a look at my Prolines and they don't seem to have the extra metal showing in your photo. Looks like a got lucky!

Excuse my ignorance but is that little piece not a good thing ?
Some people say you should bend the blade slightly to stop any blade chatter that might exist.
So if your says you need to bend the blade slightly it possibly could be a win win.
I did give mine a slight bend yesterday
I think bends may work if a blade is supported but the blade smiles in to the empty space in this instance which delivers an uncomfortable shave.

Back
Top Bottom