Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pic only

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • List and Pic

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • List, pic and comment

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
Pic, list and a short description/review. As I like to read those SOTDs I try to post mine in that manner. Sometimes I leave out the comment if there's nothing new or out of the ordinary to say.

As you stated I don't know everything and often I see a fine looking razor and I don't know what is it. Reviews and comments help me in making my own decisions when buying and sometimes I like to see if other people have same opinions as I do on equipment.
A pic is a bonus, to visualize everything but I prefer rather a list and description than just a pic.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Well put, and reflects my view on SOTD. Each to their own, and an odd question if there isnt a comment, works. Seems simple.

i think its fine as it is. people doing what they want/have time for. if its changed to a certain format. IE pic, list and comment. some might find it a chore and refrain from posting

@Boru62 - Interesting question K - each to their own I say - I'm happy to look at pictures - there are some very good photographers around these parts - I particularly admire those that take the time to do it day after day. I most enjoy a bit of narrative in a sotd - shavers explaining what worked for them and what didn't. Honest reviews. A bit of context. We don't shave in isolation - it's part of our daily lives - and affects them thus. Hence my approach. Not withstanding the fact I am a professional photographer - lots of top end toys at my disposal - I choose to write about it instead. I don't have any exotic - unobtanium shaving kit - a quick search online will show you what I have used - if anybody was interested in seeing what it looked like. It's all good - it's most important to post our findings. The sotd thread is a source of inspiration to me - when standing in front of the soap mountain. Each to their own - yours - I.

@Blademonkey

Last edited:
Interesting question K - each to their own I say.....
I couldn't agree more I -
As much variety as possible is what I like to see, I just thought it would be interesting to read what approach each of us preferred and why?
For example, having spent the day completely absorbed in the world of photography, I imagine the last thing in the world you want to do is take photos of your sotd set-up.
I personally see the pics as window dressing and the actual contents of the set-up as the important thing but I wouldn't dare to assume that because I think this, then this is the way everyone thinks.
I was curious as to why people preferred certain methods and curiosity is often a good thing, it may have killed the cat but it gave us humans, fire, the wheel and many great discoveries and inventions.
ATB,
Kevin.

Last edited:
We're not all the same, I like reading the lists and I'm sure I'm not alone.
This is why I asked the question, to see which type of SOTD posts each of us like to see and why.

Sorry, I must have missed you reply.

Yes couldn't agree more. Its a horrific realisation I can identify 98% of items on sight alone so generally dont require any text. I'm not always the best at putting myself in another's shoes, of course those with a life might need the text for an indication of what's what... As such I will be returning the kit-list text to my SOTD's

Carry on doing what makes you happy, this was an exercise to see which format people preferred to see, not necessarily the type they posted themselves.
I was mildly surprised to see that "list only" got no votes, on the other side of the pond some of the lists are very extensive.