Favourite Lavender Shaving Cream

What's your favourite Lavender shaving cream? I have tried Castle Forbes, Atkinson's and êShave. Strangely I haven't tried TOBS, I have the Ach Brito Lavanda, but I am not a fan of the ingredients list.

You have to be really careful with lavender soaps.
I remember buying QCS Signature a few years ago, and my god that was headache inducing strongly scented. Binned after 1 use, as I wouldn't want to inflict that on any poor unsuspecting chap.

In the States up until a few years ago, you could buy Kiss My Faces shave cream in some grocery stores. It was a budget cream, with surprisingly good performance. The lavender was light, but a lovely true lavender scent. Unfortunately I don't recall other lavender creams, but a boat load of good lavender soap.

I've only tried two lavender shaving creams:
TOBS and Ach Brito Lavanda.
I think both are excellent. Neither has an overpowering or over-flowery scent and both induce (for me anyway) a nice relaxing mood, which is the main thing I look for in any scent.
For the price, I don't think there's anything better than TOBS and most TOBS creams are at least as good as most of the more expensive 'traditionally' branded Brit soaps (IMHO).

I've used many lavender scented cream and soaps and lean my bateau to the soaps side, mainly to these:
-Barrister and Man Reserve Lavender
-Mikes Natural Soap Hungarian Lavender
-Fine Accoutrements Soap Lavender

What's your favourite Lavender shaving cream? I have tried Castle Forbes, Atkinson's and êShave. Strangely I haven't tried TOBS, I have the Ach Brito Lavanda, but I am not a fan of the ingredients list.
I am regular user of the DR Harris Lavender cream - tube, and Atkinson For Gentleman shaving cream - tube, which I believe is sadly discontinued.

I've only tried the TOBS lavender. Kind of wish GFT made a lavender cream instead of the violets.
Sorry Mr P but I adore the GFT violet and am glad they go their own way and don’t offer lavender like the rest. Although it’s great to read all the differing opinions.

I have a partial tube remaining of the fabled Dr. Selby shaving cream from of all places, Uruguay. It is marked lavender, but smells like no lavender I have smelled. Then again, I've never been to Uruguay. :whistle: ;)

Regardless, I like it.

I had the soap dish variant, which did smell of lavender, to my nose ... lavender, in the way that Arko smells of citrus.

Back
Top Bottom