Fat Handle Tech

My experience of the Tech until recently was of the light aluminium Tech, probably the first razor I used in the old days. Then the other day, quite out of the blue, a friend surprised me by giving me a slightly grubby Gillette which I recognised as a Fat Handle Tech. A quick cleanup of the metal and loading up with a Swede the shave was superb. What a delight to use! The extra weight transforms the decent "modern" model to a shaving instrument which I reckon rivals the Gillette New. I don't know what the chap uses now but it would only be right to consider that if he's messing with a multiblade I would be honour bound to offer it back.

Glad your enjoying it, weight and balance can make a huge difference. Tech rivaling a NEW you say? I'll have to think about that. ;)

i have a tech with a mint head...still has the wrapper on...5/6p in old money...so never tried it

Bakelite box is perfect too

it's not just the handle making the difference, the head on the fatty is different

i.e. more agressive

and i also think it's better

put the fat handle onto the alu head to prove it

n1vlo, is it the light version? I have a couple of these plus one which is part of a mint travel set. They give a good shave but the heavier version from the '40s was a revelation. That's right hando, it is totally different.

All I can say is..they are closed comb and depending on the weight of the razor as a whole..some brass..some alum. is how is goes along your face

B

Don't forget there are two guard plate versions on the fat handle tech as well. One with rounded triangle holes one with the usual rounded oblong holes.

The rounded triangle hole baseplate seems to offer a better / slightly more aggressive shave. To me it does, that is, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom