FAO CASSIA

N

n1vlo

Just have to say i road tested some soft soap of lisa's

tea tree and lavender with tallow and i have one thing to state

WOWSER

THIS IS BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST SOAPS IVE USED:heart:

the smell is slight and exuisite...the lather is voluptuos and silky to the touch ...so smooth...like a nivea face cream

ample lather for many passes...ridiculously easy to get up to speed and face is left smooth just like mitchells woolfat but dare i say better...feels like it

good luck on your venture...i feel the soaps i sent you fail in comparison...but ymmv

now we need a musky type scent....lol

thanks again

I'm also a recipient of some testers from Lisa.

I can only echo what N1vlo has said, superb lather and very easy to whip up, especially with the hard water here in the West Midlands.

Face lathered this morning (Tea Tree & Lavender) using my NF2201 (extra hair) a 20 second swirl on the splodge had no problem producing enough for three passes and silky smooth it was to. Provided great cushion and slip for my 37C slant using a 7 O'clock Platinum (black).

The scent is quite subtle when lathered compared to the splodge, so some people may want it stronger. I think this is the first tallow based soap I've used and I'm very impressed.

So thanks again Lisa for the opportunity and I can't wait to try the peppermint.

I just need you to make a super strength almond version now :icon_wink: (I love marzipan). If your price point is right on this stuff you're onto a winner.

The sounds comming out of the tester camp are very promising indeed, now lets have a Cedarwood and Vetiver soft soap from Lisa and i would be interesting in trying one.

Jamie.

I've received some wonderful feedback from the forum users here and appreciate it very much! I've had the idea to go into business one day but this might happen sooner than anticipated. Given this I think I may well ask for feedback to be directed to a location other than the forum so as I can store it more easily, particularly as I send out more samples of different things. As well, a rebrand might be in order, something different than a suppository holding nurse...

thanks to all those who have shared their impressions with me so far :)
I will respond as soon as possible to everyone.

As well, please feel free to post comments publicly, positive or otherwise- I am wise enough to know there is a learning curve here...

For all of you interested in artisan tallow based soap, rest assured there will be more samples sent out. I'm collating the feedback and will then make decisions based on the results. As well, I'd like to create a questionnaire in the spirit of getting the most accurate picture as to what many of you might be looking for.

My PMs have filled up to capacity and so I've started to redirect them to another email address by the name of my project: info@kohsoap.com. As well, I've decided it might be most appropriate to post in the vendor section as I seem to be heading in that direction. The batches tested so far have been reserved in order to see how a little extra curing time might change them, but if anyone would like to try them as they are please send your address to the aforementioned email and I will add you to my list and send some out to you.

Have a great (though slightly rainy) bank holiday!

Thanks Lisa. I assume it would be easier if we all switched to the new email address for further opinions and reviews, rather than sending them to an already full inbox and relying on the redirect?

Back
Top Bottom