Fan shaped brush

It's a nicer shape for face lathering. Gives more of a pillow effect. The bulb shape maintains more backbone by reducing the splay. There's no set rule but generally bulbs are best for bowl lathering and fans are best for face lathering. The Yaqis that you have are hybrids which sit between the two.

I have a couple fan type synthetic knots and what was said already is true, but I might add that density of the knot and the loft also factor in greatly as well. I have one that is floppier than wet spaghetti and yet another one whereas I deliberately glued in the knot deeper and that one requires considerable effort to splay. Pure face latherer it is, but I rarely use it.

I have been toying with the idea of buying this fan Cashmere knot and setting it myself after toying with the loft:

Maybe this one as well:

I have a couple fan type synthetic knots and what was said already is true, but I might add that density of the knot and the loft also factor in greatly as well. I have one that is floppier than wet spaghetti and yet another one whereas I deliberately glued in the knot deeper and that one requires considerable effort to splay. Pure face latherer it is, but I rarely use it.

I have been toying with the idea of buying this fan Cashmere knot and setting it myself after toying with the loft:

Maybe this one as well:

Get ‘em. They’re good and 24mm is probably the perfect size for an AP Shave synth knot. The cashmere is just so damn soft and luxuriant.

Get ‘em. They’re good and 24mm is probably the perfect size for an AP Shave synth knot. The cashmere is just so damn soft and luxuriant.

Something tells me you are speaking of the Cashmere in general of which I already have one. These are fan knots. Are yours as well?

Don't know if I've got a cashmere or not. I picked up a Yaqi "defect" from Ali Express, and they weren't saying, but is sure is nice. Just enough body to move the lather around, and soft as a cloud (G version, insert other PG-13/R descriptors for softness). The badger I picked up in Stuttgart a few years back, was entirely too mushy, but then I paid about the same as I did for the defect. Kent Infinity is okay, but it takes a couple of years to get there.

I have a 26mm Alpha two-band on the way. It has a fan knot, and is designated 'Ultra High Density'. I'm hoping for plenty of backbone, since the Yaqi two-band I tried is impressive on that score.

Back
Top Bottom