Fake Shark blades?

Bought these off eBay. After one shave (on soft 5 day growth, softened by hot shower) the edges are full of nicks and flaws. Shave #2 with the blade was a nightmare.

Notice the suspicious batch numbers on the packaging: "000000"

GKpZr2X.jpg

Attachments

• shark.jpg
    shark.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 20
There's another thread about potentially dodgy 7 O'Clocks too. It seems the general concesus is don't buy blades from ebay. I've been stung in the past too so now I only buy direct from a trusted vendor

Any chance you can list the seller so we know who to avoid?

I'm negotiating with him for replacements at this time. He has promised replacements that are up to scratch (pardon the pun). If he does not deliver, I'll name and shame.

Meanwhile, who else here has Sharks? Can you do a comparison of the boxes please, the printing, the fonts, colors, etc? Thanks

That packaging is completely different. I'm calling FAKE on mine.

Look at little things like the shading in the 4 balls under the shark.

It still surprises me that such an inexpensive item such as blades still attract 'fakes' being made. The monetary amount to tool up for production they may as well produce decent ones and the volume they'd have to sell must be enormous. A fake 'Rolex' I get, but razor blades?

Reject blades stolen or diverted and packaged on the cheap. ? still, does not seem to make financial sense. :confused:

It still surprises me that such an inexpensive item such as blades still attract 'fakes' being made. The monetary amount to tool up for production they may as well produce decent ones and the volume they'd have to sell must be enormous. A fake 'Rolex' I get, but razor blades?

Each shaver uses hundreds of blades (on average) per year. Multiply that by billions of men shaving, and there's a decent profit to be made by selling fakes. Fake blades are common:
https://www.thecounterfeitreport.com/product_details.php?product_id=113

If you read the Amazon Feather comments, there is evidence that fake Feathers are being sold too.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I am the eBay seller. Happy to weigh in here because I don't have anything to hide. 6 years selling blades on eBay and 5205 100% positive feedback should attest to my reputation. Those of you who know me are aware that I'm not just a random eBay operator and had a prominent website for quite a few years until I sold it. I should mention here that I am no longer affiliated with the website or any of it's new trading names.

The blades aren't fake, they are direct from the manufacturer. No middle man and no possibility of fakes. The difference in packaging is because this stock was purchased in 2014 which would explain the difference in wording. The shading to me looks identical. The batch numbers... this I have no idea and can only say a quality control issue. Which might also be the reason for these not performing.

As you guys have eluded to above, there's no financial incentive for anybody to fake these blades. They are already one of the cheapest blades on the market. Of course people will fake Feathers and Gillettes, they are 10x the price. But these? I can't see why anybody would bother.

Also, if anybody is wondering why prices are so cheap on all my blades, they are clearance prices. A lot of leftover stock being sold below cost. When they are gone, they're gone.

It should also go without saying that anybody who isn't happy with their purchase will of course get 100% refund or replacement, which I've offered to GerryM.

I let theshaveshedebay know about this thread hoping for the sort of response he has given. I hope that the Lord company comments too.

theshaveshedebay said:
The shading to me looks identical

Regarding the shading, the two boxes are completely different. Mine is on the left.

shark1.jpg

Look at the white areas around the shark fins too. This does look like a fake to me, or they have changed their packaging. Anyone got old Shark blade packaging?

Back
Top Bottom