Faena shaving brush; anyone an idea?

I stumbled upon this brush 'Faena Manchurian Shaving Brush Olive Wood Handle'. I like synthtics, and badger, and lately bristles as well. I actually like all brushes. This Faena seems an interesting brush but before pushing the button I would like to know about your experiences, if any.

I am a wet shaver with DE' s, straight razors, and shavettes living in The Netherlands, loving English soaps, studied in Portsmouth, and I totally !£$%^ at honing.

Hmmmmm, I suppose I fell for the curves as well. But I have no clue about it other then that it is a shaving soap brand from Greece that some like and some don' t (like with about anything else).

Hmmmm... Faena Mastic soap.. It always reminds me.... alright, I'll shut up.. plenty of posts of me praising Faena Mastic...
I was tempted to get a Faena brush a short while ago. There was a Faena group buy on a German forum and I'm proud to say I managed not to pull the trigger on the brush and the Mastic ASL.. I'll wait until my next holiday in Greece and have them delivered to my hotel to make the holiday even more special..

Maybe I should check a German forum then, at least if they also bought the brush. Now you made me also interested in the soaps riverrun :)

Maybe I should check a German forum then, at least if they also bought the brush. Now you made me also interested in the soaps riverrun :)
Their group buy deadline has luckily (for me) passed. I was very, very tempted, especially as they managed to get all the soaps made with tallow, even those that normally aren't (Mastic). But I already have two pucks of the Mastic soap and don't really need another brush. The Mastic ASL however... next holiday in Greece... :rolleyes:

Faena mainly uses the knots from TGN. Knots are wonderful and price is great. I am really happy with mine. Actually I vouch for everything with Faena brand. It is my favourite.

Just wanted to revive this thread. I have one of these faena Olive handle brushes and it is by far the best brush I have. Best grip, the 2Band has backbone, is nicely firm but soft, and it has lost only in the beginning 3 hairs, since about 20(?) shaves none any more. Wish I could say that about my whipped dog silvertip, which is so badly glued that it looses a lot of hairs (5-10) every shave so it will be gone at some point anyway.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

reviving this thread. I am really disappointed with Faena. I ordered such a brush because I really liked the shape and I received something completely different. One picture of how it looks on the website when ordering, second picture is what I got. Consumer service is for the moment below par (having to pay for returning the wrong brush; remains to be seen what I'll receive)

Attachments

• PSX_20210427_124839.jpg
    PSX_20210427_124839.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 19
  • PSX_20210427_124854.jpg
    PSX_20210427_124854.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom