IMG_20200525_174936.jpg

Razor: Blackbird SB
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: RazorRock 400 Noir SE
Soap: Extro Pirata
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: L'Oréal Skin Purifier
ASB: RSC

The most noticeable thing about this soap is its rich red colour. The protolather, which explodes from the soap the minute you point your brush at it, is a light pink before becoming a glossy slick white lather. The scent is really nice. I couldn't put my finger on it so I've copied the blurb which I found myself nodding along to:

Extro Pirata Shaving Cream is made with royal jelly, calendula oil, and real paprika extract which gives the soap its vibrant red colour.

The frangrance is a fresh, spicy, traditional barbershop fragrance.

Head notes: Sicilian lemon, rosemary, green, bergamot.

Heart notes: fern, jasmine, cinnamon, basil.

Bottom notes: sandalwood, cedar wood, patchouli, amber

The residual slickness was again fine and my skin feels good. Must be that royal jelly. No peasant jelly for this gorgeous face!

I'm enjoying the audible feedback from the Blackbird. No weepers this time but I'm still dialling it in.

IMG_20200528_090941.jpg

Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: AP Shave Co. 28mm SynBad
Soap: Extro Freddo
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

It's going to be another hot day so why not start the day with some cooling products? The last time I used the Freddo, the scent of vegetable fat dominated the shave. It was there again for the first pass but was then overtaken by eucalyptus.

This was a fantastic shave. The Freddo was really slick. The Blackbird and I also clicked and I'm left with a trouble free BBS finish. It all came together in this shave.

The residual slickness remains on par with the other Extro soaps but the combination of the slickness and correct angle for the Blackbird meant the single strokes did exactly what they needed to do without the need to go back over.

Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Soap: Extro O' Selvaggio
Pre: Proraso Wood & Spice
ASL: TGS Pino Alpestre

I forgot to take a SOTD photo. Fitting really as this shave was a disappointment. The Blackbird and GP did their thing well but I'm under enthused by the O' Selvaggio. The scent is barely there once lathered and there was a slight tingle once applied. Not to the same level as the A&E soaps a couple of weeks ago but enough for me to notice it was there. Performance of the soap was acceptable in terms of slickness and residual slickness but I can't see me reaching for this one again.

IMG_20200530_101013.jpg
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (1)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Black Marble
Soap: Extro Felce Biancospino
Pre: Proraso Cypress and Vetiver
ASL: TGS Amber Fougere

A great shave today. BBS finish from 3 passes. The 7OC blades is an excellent partner to the Blackbird. The Felce Biancospino is potentially my favourite scent in the Extro range. It forms a minty green coloured lather that performs flawlessly and the green fern scent is divine. It's going to be a day of faceturbation with the finish I've got. The Amber Fougere ASL also smells great but there's something in there that disagrees with my skin.

I've been a great fan of all Extro products, having started using them over a year ago. Both the soaps and the EDT smell fantastic and the EDT fragrance lasts all day. My favourites are Egyptian Oud, Felce Biancospino and Positano. I've still waiting to try the Pirata and Fra Rinik.

I've been a great fan of all Extro products, having started using them over a year ago. Both the soaps and the EDT smell fantastic and the EDT fragrance lasts all day. My favourites are Egyptian Oud, Felce Biancospino and Positano. I've still waiting to try the Pirata and Fra Rinik.
I've got Egyptian Oudh lined up for tonight. Based on your favourites above, I think you'll like the Felce Biancospino and the Fra Rinik

Are they comparative in performance to other soaps you've tried as regards performance? For instance, SV, Tabac, etc, whatever you've tried in the past.
I think they're a very good performer. If you like the performance of P&B, Wickham and OSP, you'll like this. It's a veg based soap so it's not worth comparing to super-fatted American soaps but the scents and lather quality are right up there. They're better than the RazoRock and Goodfellas Smile ranges.

IMG_20200531_165321.jpg

Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (2)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Moka 2B
Soap: Extro Egyptian Oudh
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Proraso Red

This soap does not smell good from the jar. I can only describe the scent as 'sweaty Egyptian man'. Fortunately the scent improves once lathered. I'm not overly familiar with Oudh (Oud?) So can't comment on the smell but this soap has a combination of something strong and dark with a cologne type scent over the top of it (once lathered!). If there's a thin band of performance in which the Extro soaps have operated so far, this felt slightly on the lower end in terms of performance. Perfectly acceptable but I feel some of the others have performed better.

The Blackbird and 7OC delivered the goods in 2 passes for a finish that should comfortably get me through to tomorrow evening. I love the audible feedback from this razor. It's like a scythe!

View attachment 55212

This soap does not smell good from the jar. I can only describe the scent as 'sweaty Egyptian man'. Fortunately the scent improves once lathered. I'm not overly familiar with Oudh (Oud?) So can't comment on the smell but this soap has a combination of something strong and dark with a cologne type scent over the top of it (once lathered!). If there's a thin band of performance in which the Extro soaps have operated so far, this felt slightly on the lower end in terms of performance. Perfectly acceptable but I feel some of the others have performed better.

The Blackbird and 7OC delivered the goods in 2 passes for a finish that should comfortably get me through to tomorrow evening. I love the audible feedback from this razor. It's like a scythe!

Oud is my favourite scent but I don't get any Oud at all from this soap Chris. I don't know what scent I get from it, but it's not Oud.
It performs well enough though.

View attachment 55212

This soap does not smell good from the jar. I can only describe the scent as 'sweaty Egyptian man'.

:LOL:

So what would happen if a Sweaty Egyptian man would use this soap?

Maybe the forces combined would create some kind of almighty Ambergris like the world has never seen before.

Or a very, very sweaty Egyptian man.

:LOL:

So what would happen if a Sweaty Egyptian man would use this soap?

Maybe the forces combined would create some kind of almighty Ambergris like the world has never seen before.

Or a very, very sweaty Egyptian man.
:LOL: it's only on jar opening you're confronted by sweaty Egyptian man. Should he use this, I'm convinced his overall scent would improve

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom