Ever tried any pre shave products?

I'm now a daily shaver and the only pre-shave I have is a quick shower. I do apply a pre-lather for 20-30 seconds while I am loading soap on the brush , but not sure if this makes a massive difference.
A good soap/cream and I'm good to go.

Even with a couple of days growth, I am finding the right soap/cream combo is fine and I don't need a specific pre-shave product.

Of course, if you do have time, a hot towel/flannel over a face covered with a bit of lather is always nice.

I have noticed maybe a slight, but not significant improvement in shave using various pre-shave potions.

Not enough to include into my daily routine anyway. Soap and hot water are more convenient for me these days.

I use the Prorosa pre-shave balm for sensitive skin, also use it between passes and it has made a big difference to how comfartable my shave is.

I think that any product that moisturises the skin prior to shaving is beneficial. I've found body butters :D , shea butter and Atrixo hand moisturiser to be the best product for me! Also, I'd recommend a shave oil made by Belanos Therapy (eBay), it's made from jojoba oil, vit e oil and flavoured with lime and peppermint. I use it pre lather, but it can also be used post shave to calm the skin; jojoba being very god for the skin. :shave

Back
Top Bottom