Ever Ready 1912

[attachment=10309]
Received today a 1912 I snagged on Ebay, complete with case and a wrapped blade (which a Google search doesn't throw up). It's near mint - I haven't polished it - and still had a blade in it, in fair condition. I'm guessing it was used a few times and, for whatever reason, just put away. Not sure if the case is missing anything (blade holders?) or the year of production. iPad pic doesn't do it justice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 72
You might wannt to put a new blade in rather than the old one - it's unlikely to be in a shave ready state. Carringtons sell Gem SE blades which fit.

That is certainly a nice set. Do yourself a favour and forget that blade - get in a pack from Connaughts and have a lot of fun.

These razors give very smooth shaves and the only thing alarming about them is the sound ... which is actually the addictive thing about these razors. Jump in, shave and have a lot of fun.

I'd already ordered some Gems from Connaught's, which also came yesterday. I'll keep the vintage blade wrapped. There's quite a few nice looking 1912s on Ebay at the moment. I also have a Schick stick on the way, then that's it for purchases for a while!

Greetings

Some will take a feather blade if you add a spine off a standard SE blade, some 1912's are much tighter than others and if the top cover will not shut with no more than a little bit of tension do not go any further.

A feather SE blade with a spine fitted is about a sixteenth of an inch deeper then a standard SE blade which is why old well worn 1912's take them easier than a less worn example.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom