ES Claymore SE Razor

Bored The Office GIF

Patiently waiting for the top cap. It finally left HK on 12th October. Maybe I'll see it next week.

Though the Razor Shaves very well with the Feather blades, I would have thought that market research would have indicated what people wanted. Was a long wait to get a product that has limitations, and I would not have purchased one if I had known of blade restrictions.
Wonder if the Polished Ones that are being touted, suffer from the same blade restriction.

Last edited:
Though the Razor Shaves very well with the Feather blades, I would have thought that market research would have indicated what people wanted. Was a long wait to get a product that has limitations, and I would not have purchased one if I had known of blade restrictions.
Wonder if the Polished Ones that are being touted, suffer from the same blade restriction.
They probably are from the problematic batch Mike but hopefully Steve has checked them before polishing or that'll be an expensive error.

They probably are from the problematic batch Mike but hopefully Steve has checked them before polishing or that'll be an expensive error.
Note that they are now being marketed as taking Schick P Type !!. I have dropped Steve a line asking if he is considering supplying modified heads.

Note that they are now being marketed as taking Schick P Type !!. I have dropped Steve a line asking if he is considering supplying modified heads.
If you're not content with yours, he will swap it for one that takes the blades of your choice. I thibk the Kai compatible heads are a couple of weeks away. Feather Pro and Schick Proline caps are available now.

If you're not content with yours, he will swap it for one that takes the blades of your choice. I thibk the Kai compatible heads are a couple of weeks away. Feather Pro and Schick Proline caps are available now.
I got a reply from Steve this morning. He has caps available that fit Feather Pro, ProGuard, Softguard, Schick Proline and Proshave, but not Kai. Kai are the tighter fit blades of the bunch. He is happy to send out one of these caps as a replacement but is working on a fix to fit all blades, including the Kai’s. I’ll wait it out for the “all fitting” head.

Part of me thinks there may have been some pressure to have the razor available for purchase before final and proper QA was completed (just my opinion). It’s still a cracking razor, it just needs a few tweaks.

Wed 27th October

Today I had my second Shave with the Proguard blade in the EVO. Though I would prefer this Razor to accommodate a full range of blades, I have to highlight this Shave. The Shave was smooth and comfortable, but also I felt in complete control of the Razor so that it was possible to eliminate all stubborn areas of growth with ease.
To say that I am happy at the quality of finish is an understatement, there was no A/S sting and my skin feels soft and relaxed. I thought that perhaps the return of growth yesterday was quite quick, so today will do an early evening check.
I do have a quite strong beard and I am really impressed at the performance of the EVO with this guarded blade.

9A6182E8-220D-4288-B7C1-B04287D449CF.jpeg

After a turbulent journey I now have a top cap that fits all the different blades. I'm glad Steve encouraged me to stick with it. I've since had a couple of great shaves with the Claymore Evo. The handle and balance work really well. It's also the right mix of smoothness and efficiency for me. Certainly a keeper. If the shaves continue in this way, I'll have no issues recommending this razor to others.

Back
Top Bottom