ES Claymore SE Razor

I am hoping that the new top caps take a wider range of blades , I made that abundantly clear to Brian in my initial e Mail that that was what I was looking for , especially the ability to take the Kai MG and he answered back that it would be 2 weeks for the new top caps.
Great. That’s the answer I was hoping for. I’m guessing Alpha will follow suit….

Now 2 Shaves in with The Claymore Evolution. My reservations about it only being made to take Feather Blades have been removed. Using a Feather pro a blade I was not that keen on, The combo is incredibly smooth and comfortable, yet there is nice degree of blade feel. I found it very easy to get a Top Notch all round finish with any likelihood of mishap, and certainly not post shave irritation.

I do not care if a Schick Proline does not fit, I have purchased some more Feather Pro blades and put up
my second RR Hawk V3 for sale.

I am hoping that the new top caps take a wider range of blades , I made that abundantly clear to Brian in my initial e Mail that that was what I was looking for , especially the ability to take the Kai MG and he answered back that it would be 2 weeks for the new top caps.

Do you know whether the razors with the new top caps will be available on the website? My aluminium Razorock Hawk just broke (thread won't screw into the handle making for quite an awkward shave!) so I'm seriously considering a Claymore as an alternative. However, if my Schick Prolines and Kai Pinks won't fit then I'll probably just buy a stainless steel Hawk instead.

Do you know whether the razors with the new top caps will be available on the website? My aluminium Razorock Hawk just broke (thread won't screw into the handle making for quite an awkward shave!) so I'm seriously considering a Claymore as an alternative. However, if my Schick Prolines and Kai Pinks won't fit then I'll probably just buy a stainless steel Hawk instead.
Don’t think anything guaranteed
A nice Razor with Feather Pro but not sure if the head will be altered to suit anything but Feathers
Some actually take Schick and Kai a matter of luck

If the thread has stripped you can use a thin bit of plastic. Put it in the female end and screw the male end into it. It will give enough bite to be able to tighten up the thread and make razor useable. (y)
Edit : I have lost who I was replying to, it was an unusable handle due to not being able to tighten it up to the head.
The advice is still valid as I have used it in the past.

Last edited:
If the thread has stripped you can use a thin bit of plastic. Put it in the female end and screw the male end into it. It will give enough bite to be able to tighten up the thread and make razor useable. (y)
Edit : I have lost who I was replying to, it was an unusable handle due to not being able to tighten it up to the head.
The advice is still valid as I have used it in the past.
Thanks for this. I'm actually travelling at the moment and only have this razor with me, so I will give this a try until I get home and can use an alternative.

I'm still in two minds about the Claymore given that it's hit and miss whether it will work with my preferred blades. I might just buy the Hawk V3 instead.

Back
Top Bottom