ER Chrome plated SE Razor - a Streamline or ?

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
A few years ago I went a bit mad collecting Vintage SE, and as I really learnt on an ER commonly called a Streamline, I have collected and sold a few. This is what I have left and can now resist buying any more.

CBCE81F1-E143-41A6-8614-5F5AF7149457.jpeg

Back Row L-R. Jewel combination set , Jewel
Middle Row. L-R Chrome plated Razor and Stropper outfit, Streamline
Front Ambassador

Last edited:
Sweet! Kinda one of each ...

Is there a 1930s/1950s option in there? From (hazy) memory, the double clamshell with the Ever-Ready on the inside is 1930s, right? Nice to have the price card in the Ambassador.

My collection is very similar ...

I have the top two, the Jewel and the Combination Jewel set. I have two double clamshells, one 1930s and one 1950s. I have a green Ambassador cased Streamline. I do not have the brown double clamshell or a single clamshell (yet). Was there a brown single clamshell?

I have an advert from what I believe to be late 1940s, possibly 1949 as I know there was a big push on the Ever-Ready Deluxe (regular 1912 in the clamshell case) and the "Streamline" for Christmas that year. Streamline, but not actually referred to as a "Streamline".

In this advert, you can see that the announcement of this new product is devoid of the Streamline moniker ... both for the "Jewel" (as it would become known) illustrated and the Streamline double clamshell, as described in the blurb at the bottom - simply, the Strop Outfit and the 5/~ Set.

Ever Ready Chromium Set (Streamline).jpg

Here's the other Christmas advert (date in the top left):

Ever Ready Christmas 1949.JPG

... again, Strop Outfit (not "Streamline") but Ambassador is mentioned.

Just for fun! Another Christmas advert (date unknown but holly bottom right:

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 09.32.08.jpg

... where we now see the word "Streamline".

Back
Top Bottom