Entries: April 2014

Great entries from last month!

Let's do it again ...

One picture of your favourite shave of this month. Your picture. From this month.

If you submit a picture and then at the 11th hour pip it with a perfect shave and a perfect picture, just go back through the thread and edit your entry.

Once again, entries made after midnight of the 31st of March will not be considered and edits made after the closure of the month will not be reckoned into the follow-on voting thread - whatever stands at midnight of the 31st will go into that thread.

Have fun, guys! Happy shaving!

Post up your April entries, folks ...

IMG_5488.JPG

Thought I'd chuck this one in. Don't have a camera unfortunately so this was taken using the iPad. Obviously not quite as good as all of the above, but it does show my new Cobra, which I love.

[attachment=10250]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397997900.181989.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397997900.181989.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 37
I really like that one, Jacyey and Daniele's is a beauty too but I'm going to have to give Jamie the nod this time round.

TSR_calendar_Apr.jpg

Shot on 'out of date' 35mm film that supposedly expired in 1993!

Using an adaptor I fit the film cartridge into a large format Graflex press camera from 1950. This has has a massive 5"x4" film plane so it passes light beyond the width of a 35mm filmstrip. Because emulsion goes all the way to the edges of film you get these interesting sprockets and edge numbers.

This is a double-exposure, where the first shot of the Vie Long brush was taken, then without winding the film forward I took a second shot of Feather blade over the top of it.

There's no digital tricks here, everything is on the negative.

Very creative and effective David ^^^ well done!

I have a very interesting book called; "Photography Special Effects" by Roger Hicks obviously all lighting and arrangement techniques and before digital came about. You have just given me the urge to blow the dust off it and try out some of the tutorials it contains.

I also have the poormans press camera, a Konica Omega, huge beast of a camera. I have stripped and rebuilt the 60mm lens which is working as it should now but the other focal lengths still need to be done. Very dirty glass and seized shutters all within the lens makes for a time consuming and challenging job. :D

Keep your great photo's coming as I will keep an eye on this section of the forum from now on. Thank you Paul, (pjgh) for the heads up I didn't know all these great images were here.

x109_dce_u2sja.jpg

Both crackers there, chaps! David, that's just so damn unusual yet clear, arty and retro that I just have to change my mind and vote for it. Wow!

Back
Top Bottom