England draw with Belgium - Football

England draw with Belgium in a Euro qualifier. The keeper commits a calamity.

What's this? I had no idea there was an international?

The BBC in their PC quest regards women's football to be Football, and leads with this on the BBC Sport Football page. Is it me or is women's football about as interesting as tier 12 football on the football pyramid?

Is it me or is women's football about as interesting as tier 12 football on the football pyramid?
It's you. It's also 2016 and covering an international in a growing sport isn't PC. The skill levels in Women's football have radically improved in the past 20 years. I dare you to watch the highlights.

I spent a chunk of my day today managing a girls u13 9-a-side game and and u12 7-a-side game. I got a huge amount of enjoyment from both games, as did all of the girls and their parents. I can understand that grassroots or women's football doesn't appeal to all but starting a discussion based purely on the gender of the participants is a bit off

I can understand that grassroots or women's football doesn't appeal to all but starting a discussion based purely on the gender of the participants is a bit off

I just can't comprehend the need to have it as the leading full page article on the Football page? Yes, on the specific woman football page. Women's boxing never leads on the boxing page. What was the attendance? 10,550 in a 12,021 capacity stadium.

I have nothing against woman's football - I even watched Bend it like Beckham, but over hyping it as it's extremely popular seems PC.

A change to equality won't happen by maintaining the status quo. Hats off to the BBC for taking a forward thinking position
No, a change in equality would be female players playing in the Premier League with Manchester United or Arsenal.

You're confusing equality with ability. I for one am in favour of having separate bodies in physical sports - I.e. I don't care to see mixed teams.
Horse race jockeys and motor sports drivers have been mixed for years, if they are good enough it isn't an issue. Women's football just isn't up to standard...

You miss my point - in neither of your examples are the females in opposition to either the horse or car. Your earlier post mentioned playing for Manchester United or Arsenal where they would be in direct opposition to men - that's what I don't believe should happen.

Back
Top Bottom