EMERGENCY HELP Erasmic

stirling is the closest to actual shave soap.

That other stuff has clay in it, and no offense to its fans, but I cant do well with a soap that has clay in it. Seems to make my fatboy sticky for some reason and really gums up my badgers.

I will be looking at the stirling offering, can anyone tell me about the scent of the valobra unscented puck? the valobra stick I have shaves and lathers better then Williams but feels gritty and has that stench to it.

stirling is the closest to actual shave soap.

That other stuff has clay in it, and no offense to its fans, but I cant do well with a soap that has clay in it. Seems to make my fatboy sticky for some reason and really gums up my badgers.

I will be looking at the stirling offering, can anyone tell me about the scent of the valobra unscented puck? the valobra stick I have shaves and lathers better then Williams but feels gritty and has that stench to it.

It sounds like Valobra and Stirling might be ruled out then.

FWIW, I'd say Martin De Candre unscented might then be your best option. No clay, or a tallow scent to it.

Mdc does seem to be a real soap,

I love their idea of shaving envolopes..... had a similar idea of microscopic sample sizes I put forth to a few people years ago... The ingredients do look good.

I don't mind tallow soaps, I actually enjoyed Cela until it went rancid, but the scenting they used left the container so fast on me that tallow itself does make a scent.

The MdC looks expensive but lasts ages, someone did the maths and it actually works out cheaper than most alternatives due to the epic longevity! If you buy from theenglishshavingcompany.com you get 5% off your first order too...

Mdc does seem to be a real soap,

I love their idea of shaving envolopes..... had a similar idea of microscopic sample sizes I put forth to a few people years ago... The ingredients do look good.

I don't mind tallow soaps, I actually enjoyed Cela until it went rancid, but the scenting they used left the container so fast on me that tallow itself does make a scent.

If Cella worked for you did you ever try Vitos Red or Green? An almond croap like Cella, but not as heavily scented. My Vitos soaps after leaving the lid for a bit of time seemed to have lost most if not all of it's almond scent. Seems to have less of an issue for going rancid as well, and seems to work well for those with sensitive skin as well (like myself, but not as bad as your issues)

MDC Natural is also stocked by Shave Lounge

The ingredients are as follows
Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Aqua, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride.

Have you tried the Erasmic shaving soap in a container? I presume it has the same scent as the stick and if it's the chemicals from the fragrance that causes irritation then it could work for you again, same applies for the cream. The Erasmic cream & soap in a tub are easily found (eg in Savers), if you've not tried them then maybe give them a go?

Otherwise if you can't find the Erasmic stick that works for you then there are some unscented soaps worth having a look at, which aside from the ones mentioned here include Stirling (they have a few), and Signature Soaps Goat Milk.
I am pretty certain the stick & bowl have different formulations.

I really like the bowl but hate the stick.

They don't lather anything alike & don't smell alike.
The bowl is rather strongly scented.

I think the stick is tallow & the bowl glycerin......

thanks for those links have sent emails to the two functional websites asking for ingredient lists. they show the really old black label version in their site photos.

I am desperately trying to find a source for Erasmic shaving stick. Use the red box and red plastic "holder". When the 75 gram version in foil pouch was unvleiled, the 50 gram stick disappeared. Then it came back here and there, and now has disappeared online.

I need to find more as I am about out of my last stick, and its the only soap I have been able to use in the last year. My chemical allergies hit me hard. I have tried all the other commonly found shave sticks as a reference, tabac, la toja, Palmolive, lea, valobra, etc but they contain ingredients that aggravate my skin, or they have scents that give me migraines after using them. Erasmic is the only soap I have found in years that has a scent I can tolerate, and that dissipates fast. Normally cant smell it when im done rinsing my face post shave.

allergic to citrus, menthol, as in CAN MAKE MY THROAT CLOSE SHUT and hamper with minor things like BREATHING and SWALLOWING.

oakmoss, citrus, menthol, patchouli,vanilla, and similar cause horrid migraines.
Have you tried their shaving cream? My son has similar issues, which I realise are very individual, but gets on well the cream...soap in the bowl, while okay, causes wild reactions.
Always liked the smell of the stick but I could never get over the inconsistent quality!

Have you tried their shaving cream? My son has similar issues, which I realise are very individual, but gets on well the cream...soap in the bowl, while okay, causes wild reactions.
Always liked the smell of the stick but I could never get over the inconsistent quality!
for me the stick is super consistent. more consistent then Cella was from the start of the tub to the bottom.

Got a response from Amber House ltd.

According to the email I reiceved this morning, Erasmic stick was discontinued OVER 12 months ago today. Roughly right about the time that the 75 gram sticks appeared and disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom