Elemis

You're paying for the R&D cost as well which is going to be much higher with the skin care companies whereas P&G can sink it across huge product lines. I agree that the production costs are probably similar though.
I agree its not the price I mind I buy because I like it and don't mind the cost at all but I don't see why making a slicker gel costs any more they keep bringing out new fancy gels in different packaging but seems the product never gets any better lol anyway maybe it's a good thing helps our hobby grow

Out of interest #Boycie83 have you tried Elemis or even heard of it ?
I have indeed Mike and found it to be really good stuff. My wife used to treat me to it occasionally before I became a traditional wet shaving weirdo. I've not bought any recently as the price put me off - although this thread got me thinking that I spend way more on soaps and aftershave so my logic is flawed. I certainly wouldn't say no to owning some again in the future.

It's also a British brand which is another plus.

I have indeed Mike and found it to be really good stuff. My wife used to treat me to it occasionally before I became a traditional wet shaving weirdo. I've not bought any recently as the price put me off - although this thread got me thinking that I spend way more on soaps and aftershave so my logic is flawed. I certainly wouldn't say no to owning some again in the future.

It's also a British brand which is another plus.
i know what you mean with the price and buying other soaps lol it has that effect on us all.
I would be interested in your opinion and others that have been DE shaving their thoughts on the Elemis Canned foam.
i know most purists will say it's :poop: without trying it.
it's possibly the only canned soap i would use, infact (that's) my next shave of the day

Price is meaningless in skin care as there are usually so many snake oil BS claims......"Grow hair on a cue ball!!". You have to do your research. Fortunately, there is one hyper objective dermatologist on Youtube who has a huge following and who brutalizes via science any BS product claims. That is Dr. Dray.

Back
Top Bottom