Election poster defacement

soapalchemist said:
I too find the idea of being made unemployed strangely appealing...until I remember the bills.

RB73, no disrespect intended to the people on the ground....just some disrespect meant to the people making the decisions.

None particularly taken :|

As someone who who has spent the last 23 years clocking up air miles on a regular basis (with several more still to go :( ), I'd like to remind people, especially at this time, that we go where we are sent by politicians, they in turn are voted in along with their policies by the British people - people like you & I.

moodymick said:
soapalchemist said:
I too find the idea of being made unemployed strangely appealing...until I remember the bills.

RB73, no disrespect intended to the people on the ground....just some disrespect meant to the people making the decisions.

None particularly taken :|

As someone who who has spent the last 23 years clocking up air miles on a regular basis (with several more still to go :( ), I'd like to remind people, especially at this time, that we go where we are sent by politicians, they in turn are voted in along with their policies by the British people - people like you & I.

Agreed. There is no such thing as a "Royal Army" because dated back to the civil war, our Standing Army is actually Parliament's Army, albeit havinng sworn an oath also to the crown. Ultimately, the Forces are tasked by Parliament, who in turn through the voting system are representing the "will and best interests" of the average guys in the street.
Unfortunately, the voting public have to take a suck on the bitter pill, as it were they who ultimately put Blair in power and gave him the legal right to decide, with his government, where to deploy troops. Who said democracy was fair eh? :lol:

It could be an interesting couple of weeks....

Pig Cat said:
I think that graffiti is something that's been around for a very long time and will stick around for some time too. While people do it they should at least try to be interesting or witty. When I was young there was always quite a lot of graffiti in Bristol, a lot of it funny or political. Now I hardly see anything decent any more. Just seems to be tagging and silly pictures. When I do visit Bristol there isn't much graffiti around, but I expect the council is better at clearing it up than in the old days.
Hi Pig Cat! Don't forget we have Banksy here in Bristol. To a certain extent, he has made grafitti "respectable". I suspect that your average grafitti artist would not wish for his work to be thought of in quite that way, quite the reverse is probably nearer the mark!

spandex..

AJP said:
Agreed. There is no such thing as a "Royal Army" because dated back to the civil war, our Standing Army is actually Parliament's Army, albeit havinng sworn an oath also to the crown.

How come we have a Royal Navy and Royal Air Force? Just curious.

Also, our involvement with/in NATO and the EU rather dents the ability of Parliament and the people to choose who/where/when/why we fight.

Scrapping Trident sounds like a good idea. Leave Juicy Fruit and Double Mint alone though.

Rev-O said:
Scrapping Trident sounds like a good idea. Leave Juicy Fruit and Double Mint alone though.

Nice Trident reference. :D This is what I think of when I hear that word...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMc9B7uDV8[/youtube]

:lol:

RB73 said:
This is the first time I've ever paid much attention to the elections and it makes me feel better about all those ballots I've spoiled

Rightly or wrongly, we have young men and women dying so as to give people the chance to vote on their future. And we have the opportunity to vote in relation to that.

The Tory's are really annoying me for the first time ever, I'm 27, with the current poster campaign. They'll sort out everything and not cut money from kids or sick people, great! I'd prefer if the posters told me where they were stealing the money from as opposed to telling me where they won't steal the money from.

My friend, there the same monster albeit wearing a different mask. What you’re really doing is choosing whose face you’re looking at whilst gripping that bomb tightly and riding to impact. Because believe me fella were well past the point of no return.... :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :roll:

I'd welcome the opportunity to vote in relation to the current wars, my point was that the three main options are, as you say, pretty much the same. It troubles me that people may be dying to allow me to pick the same monster in three different masks as you say. I'd like to think that the wars, with all the money and loss of life, were at least bringing stability to very unstable regions and making life better for those living there - 10 years on and I'm still not seeing much evidence of this.

Although after the US elections, with all Obama's talk about tying things up and withdrawing, even if one of the larger parties were to claim this I'd be unlikely to believe them, still it'd be nice if they mentioned it.

If I feel the urge to fill out the ballot correctly it will be for one of the smaller parties - which I feel in many cases are less likely to be part of the monster you describe. And is perhaps part of the reason there are now three guys on tv instead of two.

I genuinely believe that the information put to parliament was deliberately misleading to obtain the result that the then Prime Minister wanted. I think he expected a legacy of Blair and Bush ridding the world of an an evil despot and striking a blow to the heart or radical terrorism.

Back
Top Bottom