Eid Mubarak To Everyone

Happy Eid Saj. So what goodies are you gonna stuff yourself with, now you're allowed after a whole month of water and Quaker Oats!?
lol I do love a bit of porridge

I was doing IF but last few days thought I'd screw it and eat as normal as I knew I'd be having a lot of biryani lool

Back on IF again havent ate for a few hours now

lol I do love a bit of porridge

I was doing IF but last few days thought I'd screw it and eat as normal as I knew I'd be having a lot of biryani lool

Back on IF again havent ate for a few hours now

Biryani is the greatest food in the world. What kind did you have?

Also Saj, if you've got some jaggery lurking in your cupboards at home, try some in your porridge. Thank me later.

Biryani is the greatest food in the world. What kind did you have?

Also Saj, if you've got some jaggery lurking in your cupboards at home, try some in your porridge. Thank me later.
Had chicken one and it's one of my favourite dishes biryani

Funny you mention that, my mum mentioned jaggery to me as a replacement for white sugar but I don't know much about it

Don't think I've had it in porridge, is it nice? I do like raw honey and don't like golden syrup in it but could eat it

Had chicken one and it's one of my favourite dishes biryani

Funny you mention that, my mum mentioned jaggery to me as a replacement for white sugar but I don't know much about it

Don't think I've had it in porridge, is it nice? I do like raw honey and don't like golden syrup in it but could eat it

Love chicken biryani. It's a PITA to make but worth it.

Hope your one was triumphant and you are sitting back and rubbing your belly.

Job's a good one.

Jaggery is unprocessed raw sugar, there are different types, the most common one here is made from cane sugar. If you are buying it, look for the block which is the darkest, that's generally a sign it's the least processed. Unsurprisingly it's sweet like sugar, but the more unprocessed it is the more impurities it has, but that's where the flavour is! It's used in some Indian/Pakistani mithai/sweets. It's not very nice on it's own, and it's a bit too much to have in a cup of tea, but works well for a few things eg rice pudding. I find a spoonful into a bowl of porridge to be pretty tasty.

Love chicken biryani. It's a PITA to make but worth it.

Hope your one was triumphant and you are sitting back and rubbing your belly.

Job's a good one.

Jaggery is unprocessed raw sugar, there are different types, the most common one here is made from cane sugar. If you are buying it, look for the block which is the darkest, that's generally a sign it's the least processed. Unsurprisingly it's sweet like sugar, but the more unprocessed it is the more impurities it has, but that's where the flavour is! It's used in some Indian/Pakistani mithai/sweets. It's not very nice on it's own, and it's a bit too much to have in a cup of tea, but works well for a few things eg rice pudding. I find a spoonful into a bowl of porridge to be pretty tasty.
I love mithai, which ones your favourite?

Never had it with tea, I have tried rae honey with tea but it just doesn't do it for me

I really need to cut down or even better stop the sugar, got a real addiction especially fizzy drinks

I love mithai, which ones your favourite?

Never had it with tea, I have tried rae honey with tea but it just doesn't do it for me

I really need to cut down or even better stop the sugar, got a real addiction especially fizzy drinks

I had some health problems and pretty much stopped eating all forms of sugar for the best part of 6 months. It was hard work, sugar is far more addictive than many think.

Good luck if you want to take steps and stop the fizzy drinks.

I had some health problems and pretty much stopped eating all forms of sugar for the best part of 6 months. It was hard work, sugar is far more addictive than many think.

Good luck if you want to take steps and stop the fizzy drinks.
Hope you're feeling better

I don't know if I turn to sweet stuff as comfort food, I'm really not sure but it's an issue

I hear the sweetener stevia is good, was thinking of trying that in my tea

I used to have sugar in tea until my little sister got diabetes as a child (the proper diabetes, not the one from overdoing it). After that, the whole family stopped having sugar in tea just for solidarity with her (not because we thought we'd get it too). It's hard enough for a 6 year old to give up sweet things and cope with injecting herself multiple times a day, but even worse if everyone else is having sugar. When I stopped putting sugar in tea I discovered that I liked tea a lot more! The astringent taste is actually more refreshing. I do have a weakness for golden syrup in my porridge though.

A upvc door was dragging slightly at the bottom right corner, the door has three hinges and there is an Allen bolt adjustment on the bottom of each, did a quarter turn with an Allen key and job done, all in less than a minute, 59 minutes less than I thought it would take.

A upvc door was dragging slightly at the bottom right corner, the door has three hinges and there is an Allen bolt adjustment on the bottom of each, did a quarter turn with an Allen key and job done, all in less than a minute, 59 minutes less than I thought it would take.
ermmm yea eid mubarak to you too mate lool :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

p.s hope you get the door sorted lool

Back
Top Bottom