Edwin Jagger/English Shaving Company - wow!

I feel obliged to share my experiences of Edwin Jagger, the company and not the razor, with you after what I can only describe as them going above-and-beyond with regards to my order.

Being that I live very close to the factory, I sent a speculative email to enquire as to the possibility of picking up the razor and a brush from the showroom. Jules at The English Shaving Company very kindly kept me updated with when I would be able to visit and see all of the razor colours and pick from them so, on her say so, I went down yesterday afternoon to their modest factory in Shalesmoor, Sheffield.

Jules greeted me enthusastically and took me inside to the factory where she had prepared each of the colours of the DE89 on a white presentation cloth for me. She then allowed me to peruse at my leisure and I picked the "chrome lined" model before suggesting I might quite like a brush. She took me into a brush paradise with six-feet tall cabinets filled to the brim with small, medium and large best, super and all other brushes in ebony, ivory, beech and other colours. It was remarkable. Having chosen a best badger in ebony, she then asked if I'd be standing it upright or upside down - this affected whether or not the Edwin Jagger markings displayed upside down or not. I assured her it'd be drip-drying and so I received a brush with the markings 'upside down'.

She then allowed me to choose a cream sample to go in with the products and passed them over to a lady to package up for me. At this point, I stepped into her office and went about paying for the items. Having done this, she handed me a jiffy bag and said "here's a little something for tomorrow". Tomorrow, of course, being today - my 23rd birthday. I had mentioned briefly that I wouldn't be able to come into the factory today owing to that fact and she recalled it almost a week later.

Having opened the jiffy bag, I was presented with a handwritten birthday card signed off by "The English Shaving Company" and, along with it, several cream, EDT and lotion samples from Geo F. Trumper and Penhaligon's amongst others.

I have been left awestruck by the level of customer service shown to me by the people at The English Shaving Company and, in light of that, I am now going to make a futher visit in order to stock up on EJ goods including creams, a stand and a ceramic bowl. I feel, quite simply, that such dedicated customer services deserves repeat custom. This was simply outstanding.

I now have a shave with my new razor to look forward to tomorrow but, until then, if anyone wants to tell me what EJ cream I should be looking at, it'd be much appreciated.

All the best!

Astraeus said:
I now have a shave with my new razor to look forward to tomorrow but, until then, if anyone wants to tell me what EJ cream I should be looking at, it'd be much appreciated.

All the best!

:shock: its a truly dreadful cream which brings you out in boils and a third ear! luckily i have a recycling plant near me that will safely dispose of so will Pm my address and i'll get rid of it for you.
in the meantime Have a brilliant birthday and tell her that we shall ALL be having birthdays when we next go nearby their factory i'm sure!
:D

Great customer service, which is the fundamental cornerstone of good business. You have decades of shaving ahead of you and will always remember the 1st encounter with this company! Well done them, and Happy Birthday.

Andy said:
:shock: its a truly dreadful cream which brings you out in boils and a third ear! luckily i have a recycling plant near me that will safely dispose of so will Pm my address and i'll get rid of it for you.
in the meantime Have a brilliant birthday and tell her that we shall ALL be having birthdays when we next go nearby their factory i'm sure!
:D

:twisted: Just as I thought. I'll see if it reacts any better with my skin before mailing it off to you. :lol:

Apologies if the post appeared as a giant advert but I've shared the story with just about everyone over the past 48 hours and thought dedicated shaving aficionados would be most appreciative of such a story.

Thank you all kindly for the birthday wishes as well!

many happy returns. I can only echo what has been said here about this company. reminds me, I must try my aloe vera samples of cream and ASB. :)

Back
Top Bottom