EDTs from Next - Any Good?

FJY

Hi Everyone!

I was in Next the other day, buying a couple of polo shirts. While I was looking round, I noticed that they have a small section of EDTs, which I had not seen before. I didn't even know that Next sold things like that. Anyway, it got me thinking, so I decided to create this thread. I wondered if any of you guys had ever bought EDTs from Next and, if so, are they any good? Also, which are the best ones? I would like to hear your feedback on this, as I may consider buying some EDTs from there if I like what I hear. I am always keen to try out fragrances.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

FJY

I was awaiting replies to this too, until I remembered that our local Next closed down, along with several other branches in nearby towns.
Yes, I've heard of several branches of Next closing down near to me as well. However, a new branch actually opened in my town recently, so we seem to have broken that tradition. I wasn't even aware that they sold EDTs, until I happened to see them in the store. They were tucked away in a little corner all by themselves, so the store clearly weren't too bothered about selling them.

I may go in again and have a proper look at them when I'm up there again. I think that I'll have to trust my own judgements with this one.

Scent is so personal, although I do listen to folks on here for reviews, ideas etc, until you smell it on your own skin with your own nose you never know how many of your own pounds it's worth to you. You could try searching fragrantica to see if there's a consensus on the Next offerings. If they don't have testers though then you're not any better off than taking a punt online. I tend to buy scents from bricks and mortar shops where you can try first, unless it's something I know. For example I would chuck a Tabac on a blades order at Connaught

Reactions: FJY
I have a Next EdT called Signature Tonic which is very nice. I started a thread a while back to try and identify the Next dupes but there wasn't much input to it. I don't think they're that we'll known.

Reactions: FJY
Scent is so personal, although I do listen to folks on here for reviews, ideas etc, until you smell it on your own skin with your own nose you never know how many of your own pounds it's worth to you. You could try searching fragrantica to see if there's a consensus on the Next offerings. If they don't have testers though then you're not any better off than taking a punt online. I tend to buy scents from bricks and mortar shops where you can try first, unless it's something I know. For example I would chuck a Tabac on a blades order at Connaught
I ALWAYS buy fragrances from bricks and mortar shops. I don't trust a lot of websites, so I would never shop online. Besides, as you correctly pointed out, you do need to try things like that out first, which you can't obviously do online. People who buy fragrances online seem to forget that. I have NEVER bought a new fragrance without smelling it first, and I never would. It would be too risky.

I can't speak for the current crop. I've had EDTs from Next in the past and they're okay ... not top-flight, but then so many top-flight names are not all that nowadays. Pop in and give the testers a go?
I ALWAYS give the testers a try before I buy any new fragrance. However, I don't think that there were any testers in Next. I can't be 100% sure, though. I don't feel like taking pot luck. I would never do that, especially with the more expensive fragrances.

I have a Next EdT called Signature Tonic which is very nice. I started a thread a while back to try and identify the Next dupes but there wasn't much input to it. I don't think they're that we'll known.
I'll have a look when I go in there again and see if they have that one you mentioned. However, I don't think that there were any testers, so trying it out could be a problem. I think that I would be taking a huge risk if I bought a new fragrance without trying it first. I have never done that, especially with the higher-priced ones.

Thank you for your recommendation, anyway.

Hi Everyone!

I just thought that I would post this update. I have been back to Next to have a closer look at their EDT selection. Unfortunately, they don't have very many and there are also no testers, which is a major problem for me. I am very wary of buying any of them if I am unable to try them out first. Most of them were fairly inexpensive, but it would still be taking a risk, so that isn't the point.

I have decided not to buy any of them, because of the lack of testers. I have never bought a fragrance without trying it first and I am not going to change that.

Thank you all for your responses, anyway. I am very grateful.

Regards,

FJY

Back
Top Bottom