EDT/EDP to go with Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti Shave Soap

Although Opuntia (which I’ve never tried) is based on Aventus, when comparing Dolomiti to Fine Platinum* they are very similar.

I’ve tried the original Creed Aventus and Platinum is very close.
Interesting — I've had another sniff of the Dolomiti and don't get the Aventus type notes from it. Worth noting that I've not lathered it yet though. I've also never smelt real Aventus. It could be that I associate that dominant top grapefruit note with it more than the other notes.

Thanks All

I am the same as you @Boycie83 have only ever had Aventus Clones. Interesting the Optunia I definitely get the same scent as the Aventus Clone not so much in Dolomiti. I will have to try the platinum.
I may have to pick up a few more SV soaps really can’t beat them performance and scents are top both of these sound great and so does the tundra artica having looked at the scent notes

C. - the Creed original parfum - I've owned it - the top note isn't grapefruit - it's pineapple - strange as it sounds - apart from anything else - the scent gave us the phrase - a 'good pineapple opening' - which must be a euphemism for something rude? - I. :)
Haha - sorry Iain, that should have stated pineapple. Not sure why I wrote grapefruit.... It's been a long weekend with the kids!

I asked the question on the SV Facebook page and the only response was Azzaro Pour Homme.

I found APH too harsh and the anise note too strong but anise note (the Licorice I mentioned earlier) is definitely worth investigating...and this got me thinking

I do own Milano Cento For Him, which I’ve described as a smoother APH. I’ve been comparing it to Dolomiti and I think we have a winner. See link below. It’s cheap as chips but it’s an excellent performer.

I asked the question on the SV Facebook page and the only response was Azzaro Pour Homme.

I found APH too harsh and the anise note too strong but anise note (the Licorice I mentioned earlier) is definitely worth investigating...and this got me thinking

I do own Milano Cento For Him, which I’ve described as a smoother APH. I’ve been comparing it to Dolomiti and I think we have a winner. See link below. It’s cheap as chips but it’s an excellent performer.

Thanks Rob , I have Azzaro Pour Homme , will get some Milano Centro in.

Back
Top Bottom