Edinburgh shops

Heading up to Edinburgh tomorrow for some shopping. Any shops worth looking in for shaving ware? Or is it just Penahligons on George St and John Lewis? Not after anything in particular.......

I was in Edinburgh the other day so I did a bit of googling beforehand to see if there was anything of interest and could not find much :(

I know there is a L'Occitane quite close to Penhaligons.

Ok cheers Adam. I was wondering if any of the wet shave barbers had anything so I may need to make some phone calls in the morning unless anything comes u on here. I'm sure there's a Crabtree and Evelyn too. Piss poor selection to be honest!

Fido said:
Don't hang around on the Royal Mile. Ruth and I agreed to witness a wedding becaused we stopped for a few seconds in June. How could we refuse! And he had a beard. She didn't.

You were lucky Fido while walking down the Royal Mile I got asked by a street performer to stand on a bed of nails placed on his chest (nails down :p ) while giving him fire sticks to eat!!!

simmo3801 said:
Ok cheers Adam. I was wondering if any of the wet shave barbers had anything so I may need to make some phone calls in the morning unless anything comes u on here. I'm sure there's a Crabtree and Evelyn too. Piss poor selection to be honest!

Nigel,

If you do have any joy would you mind posting up your results on here please?

Cheers

Adam

well most have said the likely candidates...

-l'occitane
-penhaligons
-crabtree & evelyn

theres also Ede & Ravenscroft, although typically a tailors, they have a variety of TOBS shaving equipment. Jenners and Harvey Nicks also tend to have some nice stuff worth looking at.

It depends what you're looking for really, I'm based in town, so if you need any specific info, feel free to drop me a PM

Thanks Shrink appreciated. Just wanting to browse really and see if anything catches my eye as I was having to go into town anyway. I'll have a wander through Jenners etc and see what they have to offer.

Then shy away at their prices and buy something off the net!

Edinburgh is nice but mainly it will be mall shopping, there is a Penhalligons and a couple of nice places (not sure of they have a L'Occitaine and or Molton brown).

Am sure one of the Embra lads can help, lagaffe and HM know the city well, send them a PM.

No as previously mentioned a piss poor selection!

Ended up with a Blenheim Bouquet soap refill from Penhaligons, some WD40, a dimmer switch, 8m tape measure and a couple of photos developed to get an estimate for an eternity ring for my wife as she is now 7.5 months pregnant. Never made it to John Lewis or Jenners as was too long in jewellers. My priorities were clearly misaligned!

NB - not all above items will be used for shaving ;)

Back
Top Bottom