Eclipse Red Ring Bargain..........

moodymick said:
The most disappointing thing is that the person who bought it, will probably never use it.

I'd like to find the owner, break in and rim it with Tabac.

Yes I bet it will sit forever in some Ikea type cabinet for the collector to look at.
Each to his own as they say.

i have five mint unused razors, a case 1930's uk aristocrat, a cased 1950's usa aristocrat, a cased 1960's Toggle, and a cased Ever ready SE., and a cased wilkinson sticky.

i have them as an investment, i would say the value has doubled in the last year or so, no i don't have them on display.

i would maybe sell when i need the dosh.....the way the economy is going, might be sooner than later !!!

like alot of things that are collected, it's the enjoymet of finding and owning a rare mint example of something that is so old.....

maybe viewed as strange by some but i like having them :oops: :D

It is both good and bad, good if you happen to be sitting on a mint cased one and want to sell bad if you are looking to buy one.

I am going to stick my neck out and say that while it was "interesting" I did not enjoy the shave with it. Maybe if I persevered I might have got used to it but I just prefer the more traditional type head. The magnet on the end is funky, I found myself deliberately putting the blade down on the counter when changing it just so I could lift it with the magnet....yes I am that sad.

Rev-O said:
What do they actually shave like?

Any good?

I loved shaving with antdad's loaner. I had to get it out of the flat and on it's way to the next borrower, else I might never have been able to let it go later on.

• ... and it wasn't the full art deco cap either.[/list:u][/list:u]

Urban Hermit said:
Rev-O said:
What do they actually shave like?

Any good?

I loved shaving with antdad's loaner. I had to get it out of the flat and on it's way to the next borrower, else I might never have been able to let it go later on.

• ... and it wasn't the full art deco cap either.[/list:u][/list:u]

• Hi Ollie, just to confuse you I had 3 shaves with the same razor and I decided not to have a 4th as i found it did not suit me at all. I had loads of weepers and sore skin, the only difference in my normal set up was the razor.
      So I guess it is not for all........ ;) ;)

It's not my favorite razor.

The head is a bit lightweight for my tastes plus the design with it's rounded teeth and fairly large cutting plane didn't really allow me to get any cue or feel for the razor's edge. For that reason I found it to be a little imprecise or maybe I just need to spend more time with it.

Nicked pic.

3424797133_f0caf10fff.jpg

antdad said:
It's not my favorite razor.

The head is a bit lightweight for my tastes plus the design with it's rounded teeth and fairly large cutting plane didn't really allow me to get any cue or feel for the razor's edge. For that reason I found it to be a little imprecise or maybe I just need to spend more time with it.

Nicked pic.

Ah, I was going to say that that is not the one I was shaving with.

• ... but I loooooooooooove that Art Deco cap!
        • That's cap - cap!
            • ... as in not a pirate, as there's no 'r'![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

3424797133_f0caf10fff.jpg

Back
Top Bottom