ebony scales

I'm looking to replace a pair of scales on a refurb razor and have decided on ebony. So, can anyone direct me to a site or person that stocks and/or makes them? Does anyone know where to purchase nickel silver pins? All help greatly appreciated.

Here you go, Neil Miller at Strop shop is highly recommended.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.strop-shop.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.strop-shop.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->

Hello Andy, thanks for taking an interest in my enquiry. The razor in question is a 6/8 bengall Extra hollow with what I believe to be either horn or synthetic scales. To my untrained eye they look like horn scales for when held into sunlight the edges become translucent [then again I could be barking up the wrong tree here!]. They seem to be home-made as there is no wedge and the pins are off-centre [once again I could be wrong!]. Andy what would the price be for the scales as proof shows you are a very competant restorer of razors. I'd love to send you the whole razor but I'm a bit short of funds at the moment as I've just bought my first strop off Neil Miller. Please let me know how much the scales would be as I think the African Blackwood would suite the razor very well. If you fancy taking on the whole razor then what sort of price are you looking at [I have another Bengall with, for certain, synthetic scales that needs a polish and hone, would love to see this in bone, though maybe that's another story]. I don't know if you are the sort of fellow who is up for a deal but I have a Figaro silver steel in 5/8 in lovely condition other than a concave snap at the heel [I posted a couple of pics of it in another post regarding taking the heel back up to the spine, a reverse heel job you called it I think]. I can but only ask. Please let me know either way as I'm not offended and would like to here would you have to say on the matter and regards prices, kindest regards, Adam.

Back
Top Bottom