ebay / paypal

New to ebay and paypal.
If I buy something in foreign currency ($) from China (a brush and or blades - oh dear, more stuff) do I pay anything for currency conversion. Googled the question, but could not find the answer - at least not in a clear form I could understand.

And do I put money into my empty paypal account first?

Grateful for any advice.

So paypal calculate a value in £ that I pay them (via my credit card) based on their currency conversion rate - that incorporates the relevant 'fee'. Got it. Thanks.

Someone told me this old fashioned shaving lark was cheaper. Now its a hobby ;-)

Can i ask that everyone refrains from posting in the for sale/trades for at least 6-8 weeks as if i buy anything else im going to get divorced...see keeps asking how many faces and shaves can one man have in a lifetime... :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Hopefully just the one face and around 3500 shaves per decade assuming a few days off per year and shaving once per day....
Now im worried shes correct saying we are all sad on here... :?

Sorry - the engineer in my couldn't resist a quick approximation... (not a civil engineer though - used to be if you looked up "Boring" in the yellow pages that it said "see Civil Engineer" :lol: - the Institute of Civil Engineers being the humourless bunch of arseholes that they are expensively lobbied the yellow pages to get that changed)

:lol: So it was you..

slightly off topic. Do you know if it's possible to add an incentive for someone to pay you using bank transfer / postal order on ebay? - anything wrong with that? For e.g. free delivery if paying by bank transfer.

I know that you have to offer paypal, but I don't want paypal taking 5%ish of my final sale price.