Dubbin and Shoe Polish, which one first?

Brianpilman said:
I always thought dubbin was a waterproofer as I've used it in the past on football boots and walking boots

dubbin is more for waterproofing and ive used it for years instead of polish, still get the shine but can use it on any colour unlike most polish

shanky887614 said:
Sezer74 said:
So I will apply Dubbin after the polish, it should protect the shiny finish from water,mud etc?

i just use dubin without polish.

guys that ride motorbikes use dubbin on there leathers, its more durable than polish

Thank you very much. so got to choose either Dubbin or Polish.
Which Dubbin is good? which brand? I got the cherry blossom Dubbin which is good

Sezer74 said:
shanky887614 said:
Sezer74 said:
So I will apply Dubbin after the polish, it should protect the shiny finish from water,mud etc?

i just use dubin without polish.

guys that ride motorbikes use dubbin on there leathers, its more durable than polish

Thank you very much. so got to choose either Dubbin or Polish.
Which Dubbin is good? which brand? I got the cherry blossom Dubbin which is good

cant tell you the stuff i use as its been in a cupboard for 10 years (lasts a very long time)

Use Dubbin, Nikwax, Kiwi Leather Oil etc first, leave to 'dry', wipe off excess, polish over the top. I would thoroughly recommend Kiwi Parade Gloss for fantastic shine and mind boggling toughness.

Don't know whether it's an old wives tale or not but I was always told to avoid Dubbin as it swells and rots the stitching - though it's probably all synthetic nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom