Dredd

So, saw the new Dredd film last night. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. I've grown bored of action/superhero films lately, but this kept me entertained right to the end.

It's just an unpretentious action film with some intresting aesthetic touches, a great sense of atmosphere and some surprisingly competent acting, especially from the arch-villain.

However, it really divided opinion in our group.

Any one else seen it? What did you think?

Not seen it yet but plan to hopefully this week. I used to read the comics when I was younger and so disappointed when I saw the Stallone film. This one looks a lot better though.

Not seen it yet, I'll wait till it comes on PAYG Films on Sky/Virgin.
I wouldnt say no to one of the original 101 Landy FC's they used in the first film.

Judge_dread_3.jpg

Father Ted said:
Not seen it yet, I'll wait till it comes on PAYG Films on Sky/Virgin.
I wouldnt say no to one of the original 101 Landy FC's they used in the first film.

Judge_dread_3.jpg

LOL one of those used to be parked outside a house on a route I used to drive (near Winnersh, Berks) for quite a while. Now I know what it is!

I liked it very very much, far more than I expected. Would be a simple nuts and bolts fight-your-way-through picture, if well-executed, without the stunning visuals and strong turns from Urban and Thirlby. Well worth seeing in 3d - one of the best uses of the tech I've seen, full of colour, light, invention and depth.

It's running at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, which tells its own story.

Back
Top Bottom