dr harris shaving creams VS soaps?

hi guys
I have just smelt windsor and OMG straight away reminded me of my favourite Terre d'hermes. I don't have enough time to try many products at the moment so I'll go with recommendations; I'm leaving the UK soon and need to get hold of many products

in your opinion which is better their soaps or creams performance and scentwise?

What's ur aftershave balm favourite?
any recommendations??

If u have a good cream/soap in mind which is worthit let me know

cheers guys!
Ahmad

I bought a puck of Windsor soap yesterday and I also sniffed the cream in the shop. The scent of the soap is definitely more subtle. I also smelled a lot more vetiver in the cream than I can in the soap, where the dominant note seems to be cedar. I can't comment on performance of the cream as I haven't tried it, but the tripple milled soap is wonderfully slick and protective.

The Arlington soap and cream are fairly equal in terms of scent strength, cream perhaps a little stronger. Windsor different however, cream smells good, I would say the soap is borderline odorless.

I have the Windsor soap it has a fairly mild scent to it, but I had the Marlborough cream which also seemed to lack a strong scent. I find the soap really good, but the cream lacked and real protection / cushion. Their Arlington is a really nice scent though.

In summary I kept the soap and sold the cream although there could be differences between the ranges, just avoid Marlborough

I'm a big Harris fan and yes, Windsor is identical to Terre D'Hermes but costs about £40 less for the EDT :).

I have: Windsor Cream + EDT and Arlington Soap + Cologne.

I'd go for Harris soap over cream. The creams aren't great performing but the lather you get from the soaps is the better than other soaps I've tried.

Go for Arlington though. It is a lovely zesty, mildly sherbet-like lemon and bergamot sort of smell and due to the zesty nature of the scent it doesn't seem weak in soap form as many other scents do.

Reactions: Nav
SuperChrome said:
I'm a big Harris fan and yes, Windsor is identical to Terre D'Hermes but costs about £40 less for the EDT :).

I'd go for Harris soap over cream. The creams aren't great performing but the lather you get from the soaps is the better than other soaps I've tried.

Go for Arlington though. It is a lovely zesty, mildly sherbet-like lemon and bergamot sort of smell and due to the zesty nature of the scent it doesn't seem weak in soap form as many other scents do.

Interesting I know Dr Harris has highly regarded soaps but I just couldn't get mine to lather to a good enough level. Love there creams though, the best performing I've tried and I'm in love with Windsor.

mattyb240 said:
SuperChrome said:

Interesting I know Dr Harris has highly regarded soaps but I just couldn't get mine to lather to a good enough level. Love there creams though, the best performing I've tried and I'm in love with Windsor.

Interesting as the Windsor soap I have is the best I have managed to get a hard soap to perform here. I soaked the puck and used a dryer than normal brush adding a bit more water while loading.

fly3k said:
mattyb240 said:
SuperChrome said:

Interesting as the Windsor soap I have is the best I have managed to get a hard soap to perform here. I soaked the puck and used a dryer than normal brush adding a bit more water while loading.

I get a great lather from my Harris soap. Completely dry puck (well perhaps a little moisture from the air in the shower) and soak my brush then shake it off a bit. Two or three swirls and there is lather falling over the sides. I'm in a hard water area, not sure if that makes a difference, and using a pretty cheap pure badger brush. Perhaps it's better with stiffer brushes?

I like the Dr Harris soaps a lot however I prefer the Windsor cream just for the smell. I use a little more cream than normal and it lathers up well, on a pure performance measure the soaps have the edge but both work well for me.

The Windsor after shave is really nice as well.

Bump.

I've been wondering the same thing, how their creams stack up against their soaps. I like to super-lather by first loading my brush on a puck of soap and then dipping/swirling it in a tub of cream.

Back
Top Bottom