DR Harris Pink Aftershave

I have thought about it a few times but not taken the plunge on the Pink one yet. It's on the list though. I also would be interested to hear any comments about it, I like theAS milk (the roses one) so wonder if this is a nice complimentary product or something that stands on it's own as an AS.

It is ridiculously expensive for what it is.

Very low alcohol (14% ?) and is basically just a rose-water skin-toner.

The reason it is showing up in my SOTD posts is that I still have half a bottle to use up.

The scent is nice - it's just rose, like the Milk.

I wouldn't tell anyone to go out and buy it as there are lots of other aftershave products out there that work much better and cost much less.

I have a slightly higher opinion of it than Vinny, but most of the things that he says are true.

However, I find it works for me. It only has 17% alcohol, so no sting or burn, and it doesn't dry your skin. It does contain glycerine, so it does have moisturising properties, but not too much.

It has a faint rose scent, but that's gone in less than a minute.

I like it.

Ian

rum said:
How does it compare to Trumper's skin food? In terms of sting, moisturising properties and so on?

It stings more - i.e. just a little versus none and it moisturises less, as is typical for an AS splash. Horses for courses though; if you need soothing and moisturising then go for skin food or ASB balm. If you want a nice smell and a bit of a zing then go for an AS splash. This is quite a gentle AS but I still wouldn't call it moisturising.

Rik said:
rum said:
How does it compare to Trumper's skin food? In terms of sting, moisturising properties and so on?

It stings more - i.e. just a little versus none and it moisturises less, as is typical for an AS splash. Horses for courses though; if you need soothing and moisturising then go for skin food or ASB balm. If you want a nice smell and a bit of a zing then go for an AS splash. This is quite a gentle AS but I still wouldn't call it moisturising.

Nice Review Rik. :)

Rik said:

Thanks for the response, Rik. I guess you're right. Drier skins probably need the moisture (like mine), whereas oily complexions would be OK with the splash. The splash also seems better suited for hot/humid weather, so I guess not really required here in Blighty. The Skin Food does the job for me in this weather, but I think the Pink AS is worth a shot at least once :hungrig

Back
Top Bottom