DR Harris - I take back what I said

I had thought that DR Harris Marlborough left my skin feeling cleansed, but dry.

However, I have just had a water softener fitted and had my first shave today. This time the Marlborough left my skin moisturised, just like other tallow soaps in my experience.

I guess some soaps are better suited to hard water than others.

Drroly said:
I had thought that DR Harris Marlborough left my skin feeling cleansed, but dry.

However, I have just had a water softener fitted and had my first shave today. This time the Marlborough left my skin moisturised, just like other tallow soaps in my experience.

That must be why I find this soap hard to lather. I live in SE London. I just can't get a thick, dense lather with it. It just remains airy and thin. And a soak the puck, and load like mad for at least 60-90 seconds.

A shame. I love the Arlington scent.

John

After repeatedly reading about water issues. I going to buy some distilled water this weekend, and just warm some of that up and see how it works with my soaps and creams. A liter or two should go a long way.

D R Harris is my soap of choice and has been for about 18 months.

My water is as hard as me but I don't seem to have any issues lathering it.

Then again, I don't beat myself up over the thickness of the lather - I'm happy enough if it just works.

If I had to faff about with salts and bottled water I'd soon get shot of it.

Drroly said:

Exactly. It could be more complicated than hard v. soft water in some states. Maybe it depends on flouride and other mineral levels too?

All I know is that I now drink/shave with RO'd water and lathering is infinitely easier than with tap water.

Back
Top Bottom