Done a 360 on Wilkinson Blue Bowl

JDE

I've not been posting much due to not having a whole bunch of free time lately, but this has given me a bit more shavetime. For the past two weeks i've used Wilkinson Blue Bowl every day and... i've been getting great shaves. I mean, really great.
I've never been a massive fan of this soap, I didn't like the thin lather, I didn't like the smell, I didn't like much about it. I never thought it was "The Worst Soap I've Ever Used" but I did not dig it. Now, I really do. Even the smell has become bearable for me now. I've realised I don't need Father Christmas's beard-style lather to get a protective and lubricated shave. I haven't changed any other variables, and my skin's looking pretty damn good. This may be down to a bit of fidelity, and maybe due to the warmer weather, but I don't have a patch of dryness, which i'm surprised about as I always thought the Wilko was a bit drying before. I'm chuffed. I think it might become my first choice during the Spring/Summer.

Anyone else done a 360 on a soap or cream?

i bought some yesterday, somebody on here said that they mix it together with a palmolive shave stick and get great results, so later today i'm getting out the cheese grater and gonna have a play around..... :shave

many moons ago when i started shaving the proper way with brush and soap, but before trying the whole DE world, my only soap was Wilkinson Sword black bowl.
i managed to finish one bowl and got a third of the way through another before passing it on to a mate to get him started.
i didn't know how to make lather properly then but somehow managed to fumble through it all.
i remember it was an ok soap but lately i've been meaning to re-visit it for old times sake.
i wouldn't be suprised if i now found it a very competent performer

I quite like the Wilkinsons Blue Bowl, but I've changed to the Palmolive toothpaste tube recently because I love getting that super-thick opaque lather. It isn't necessary and there isn't anything to choose between the two, so I keep them both and a stick of Palmolive around to roll with whatever strikes my fancy.

Back
Top Bottom