Domestic Oil heating Fuel

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Do any of you use oil as a your domestic heating? If so what are you paying for it (roughly) I am moving soon and my new pad uses oil (no mains gas)

it can vary greatly throughout the year from 30-50p a litre

used to be cheaper in the summer, so bulk buy with enough to get you through the winter.
easier said than done, so timing is crucial
it'll take a bit of getting used too working it out
obviously the bigger tank you have the better

my mate's tank is buried in his garden (he's got a monthly direct debit scheme) and every month or so when the wagon is passing they stop and top it up
he obviously gets so many litres a year for his money, fixed price spread over the 12 months

only problem he's had is when it was VERY cold recently a valve broke on the tank and he lost nearly all his fuel
might be an insurance scheme to cover this
his tank wasn't bunded which would have saved most if not all his fuel :roll:

These boys deliver to my work place but I have 5000 litre storage tank.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.crownoil.co.uk/home-heating.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.crownoil.co.uk/home-heating.php</a><!-- m -->

5000 litres Tony, I am sure they wont notice me syphoning a hundred or so :eek:

I don't bother trying to work out the right time to fill up. The best I can do is phone around the 3 or 4 local suppliers when I need to refuel.

I am now suffering from tank-envy as we've only got a 1000-litre. :oops:

The price has probably doubled in the last ten years but then again gas is a lot more expensive than it used to be.

antdad said:
He said if England draw (7/2) or lose (7/1) tonight then you can syphon as much as you like.

I he worrying yet? :lol:

well there is 400 litres in the tank so that should see me through for a while, Solar panels heat the underfloor heating so I will do a bit of a sun dance.

Back
Top Bottom