Does the Geo F. Trumper Rose soap smell like the Coral skin food?

Hi all,
I am currently looking into getting yet another shaving soap and found the Geo F. Trumper Rose soap is getting lots of good reviews.
Now I'm just wondering if it has the same scent as the Trumper Coral skin food, which unfortunately I'm not particularly fond of - I find it too artificial with a touch of cleaning product.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers!

Good to hear. Just to save the skin food's reputation, it's fantastic stuff, but I use the Sandelwood one (even though that scent if a bit artificial as well).

Got myself a Trumper Rose soap so and it turns out - at least in my opinion - it smells quite similar to the Coral skin food unfortunately. It has a very artificial and rather aggressive note, not necessary what I would expect from a "Rose" labeled product.
Maybe it's just me that doesn't get on well with that particular scent, or maybe I just prefer woodsy/mossy/earthy fragrances more. However I have to say now from the Trumper products I have smelled so far I don't think they do a good job in reproducing natural smells in a pleasant way.

I would agree that Coral Skin Food does not smell like the cream/soap, but I think that Trumper's Rose and Violet are two of the nicest floral scents I have tried. The Skin Food and the creams are also excellent products in every other aspect.

Back
Top Bottom